• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

booter

* Ace Member *
so...u like the destroyer eh? post your love for it!

ive always had love for the destroyer,minus the destrulcan crap. first runs,pre averys, echos, champs, pros...i love em all.my favs have to be flat, gummy stars,whether theyre first run or not...flat ones always seemed to be the bees knees.

i dont pay attention to the *D, s/ds or sd markings,i usually just ask about the feel and dome . PLH is the only real reliable way to determine stability.

theyre just the perfect size rim for max distance to me,comfortable and can be deadly if u know how to use them :)

Well since most of the best players in the world throw them, I think you may be on to something.

I also like mostly flat stars. Avery Destroyers are actually better, in my opinion, than some of the overly beefy pre-Averys that were coming out.

yeah i like the variety of them. i have alot of destroyers in the bag now. theyre just an all out good disc to have when new and beat up

btw. theres lots of threads on destroyers but one dedicated for its appreciation seemed necessary :)

I love both flat and domey Destroyers. In my opinion, or at least for me, they serve different purposes. I currently have 4 in the bag, 2 flat (older pre-avery) and 2 domey (1 marbled sds, 1 echo sds). I had a champ in my bag for a while, but I prefer the grippyness of the Star plastic.

ive never really been a fan of domey ones but i know they can shape lines better. pros were really the only ones i made an exception to be domey

Destroyers have been my main FH disc in my short career. I like star the best & AJ's are all I've ever had. Don't have the arm for them BH................maybe one day!

so...u like the destroyer eh? post your love for it!

ive always had love for the destroyer,minus the destrulcan crap. first runs,pre averys, echos, champs, pros...i love em all.my favs have to be flat, gummy stars,whether theyre first run or not...flat ones always seemed to be the bees knees.

i dont pay attention to the *D, s/ds or sd markings,i usually just ask about the feel and dome . PLH is the only real reliable way to determine stability.

theyre just the perfect size rim for max distance to me,comfortable and can be deadly if u know how to use them :)

Exactly, this is why its the only disc in my bag that is warp speed.

As for me I love the White 175 Pro Destroyers but carry a 175 almost never thrown champ for the big winds and stronger fade shots.

I like my *D First runs for max distance off the tee, my S/DS for headwinds and hyzer bombs and my Pro Destrulcans for tail wind distance comps only. I carry 4 in my bag at all times. 1 beat FR, 1 new FR, 1 heavy S/DS and 1 light SDS. Love them!

i love hearing what everybody uses certains ones for.

beat flat pre avery for turnovers and tailwind d
seasoned pre avery for workhorse d ,straight shots with the ever so beautiful late fade
bottom stamp sds for a more stable shot but still very workable and can handle mild wind or when i need a turn over to come out reliably.
new sds destroyer for wind,bigger fade, spikes etc

i just purchased a DX Destroyer today. looking for a forehand disc to complement a champion Monarch or Groove. any thoughts on how this disc performs RHFH? i'm hoping this will fly a little straighter than the other two for narrow alleys ...

anyone seen many of these...? *D from around 2005ish

DSC00045.jpg

I have an AJ Destroyer. Its a super predictable FH disc for me. I use it for shots that need that big skip at the end, or in headwinds.

I love my Destroyers. Don't carry any in my tournament bag as I like the Force just a little bit more then the Destroyer (let the hate begin). When I am playing with them, I carry 3.

171 Pro for tailwinds and turnovers and all out max distance where accuracy isn't as important as 450 feet down the fairway.
171 *D for flex shots and late fade
171 2009 Green County Open Champ Destroyer for big headwinds, big fade and big skips. The occasional forehand as well.

I have an old echo star destroyer that is really domey and just bombs. I also have a new glo champ one that is really flat and overstable. Both are great, I just miss the ones that are not destrulcans because those are the only ones that I can find anymore.

I Love destroyers!
I got away from them mainly when i was experimenting with discing down and then couldnt find ones i liked after i lost my go to's.

Would really like to have my old setup back.
1 fresh 1st run stable/os D
1 beat first run flippy D
1 168 *DS long flex shots
1 cfr champ for wind and utility

Was money and covered all of the shots i needed for anything 300+ if i wanted
Aside from the teedevil nonsense, what should i look for in current run star's that would imply tastiness??? I have a couple softer champs that feel great but prefer star.

the force is very similar to the destroyer but the destroyer just feels better to me in star and the force isnt that overstable unless you hunt for the good ones..ie domey pinks. i threw them for a good while but gave them up for destroyers. thats actually the one discraft driver that i like.

why dont you carry destroyers in tourneys?