• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Bags

I love my Competition bag:

Second that, Midnight! I've had the Innova Comp bag for about 1.5yrs, it has held up great, plenty of room for everything I carry, and the putter pocket, well, it was a little annoying at first, but I use the KCPro Aviar Putter, and over time, it has gotten easier to use. If this one ever wears out, I'll get another one in a heartbeat.

The Innova BackSaver straps are a nice, welcome addition!

I currently have a Lightning bag (wasn't sure if I would stick with sport and didn't want to spend the cash). I am looking at the Fade bags and they look pretty good to me. I don't think I would ever be carrying more than 15 discs so I planning on picking up a Fade Crunch Box soon.:D

Second that, Midnight! I've had the Innova Comp bag for about 1.5yrs, it has held up great, plenty of room for everything I carry, and the putter pocket, well, it was a little annoying at first, but I use the KCPro Aviar Putter, and over time, it has gotten easier to use. If this one ever wears out, I'll get another one in a heartbeat.

The Innova BackSaver straps are a nice, welcome addition!

I'll third that, even with an Omega supersoft putter I don't have any issue with the putter pocket. I use the bag pretty hard, and I've had absolutely no issues with the durability on the bag. I do recommend the Phenix straps over the innova backpack straps though.

If your starting out and only carry 8-12 discs i highly reccomend the fade crunchbox. It works perfectly fine although the divider is pretty useless

Yeah, for casual players, and those that only carry up to 10 or so discs the Fade crunchbox is a great bag for the money. One thing you can do is pick up some of the Innova accordian dividers and stick em in and it holds everything cleanly. They are good bags.

I own a GB Gorilla personally and love it to death, but my wife has a crunchbox and it's great for her.

No issues with the quality of my Innova Discarrier after about a year of decent use.

Nothing was really wrong with my 3 year old Innova standard bag but I outgrew how many discs it held, I didn't like its internal pocket system, and in general it was pretty beat up. Was it falling apart at the seams? No. But I am hard on my things, real hard, and the more durable the better in my eyes :) The GB bags also has going for it the fact that I really like the idea of supporting an independent craftsman as opposed to a huge company. Nothing bad in my eyes with the other bags but I love my GB and will get another when I can justify a bigger bag.

I got the competition bag...I dunno what others are saying cuase im to lazy to read but If you want pocket space..upgrade to the discarrier or fade tourny bag...The comp bag lacks pocket space IMO only 2 pockets plus the one inside to slide scoredcards inand thats about it, makes for little space to throw extra towels or whatever in...

I got my Discarrier early last year. I would recommend this bag for it's ample pocket space which includes: a huge pocket on one end, an internal pocket, a pocket on the other end that has various mini pockets inside, and it also has a separate pocket for your cell phone with room for other stuff. The putter pocket easily holds 2 discs. There are 4 writing instrument pockets. A place for your mini. I love this bag. Oh by the way 20+ discs can be held easily.

I just got my GB Kong bag yesterday along with some Phenix quad straps. I was using the Fade Tourney with Innova Backsavers. No complaints about the Fade, I just wanted some extra storage with the Kong and I wanted to try the Phenix straps to compare. All in all, they are all great products so far. I think the best deal right now is the Fade Tourney bag for $34.99 @ Discgolfcenter.com. That is one heck of a bag for 35 bucks! So, is the couple of extra pockets in the Kong worth the extra 80 bucks? It was worth getting away from those fruity Fade colors though! I will report back in a couple months in the "you know you are addicted thread" after I have bought a couple more bags. LOL

Bag count: Innova starter, Fade Crunch, Fade Tourney, GB Kong ( Been playing for a year)

I'm a bag pocket space junkie. Which has more the Discarrier or Kong?

I'm a bag pocket space junkie. Which has more the Discarrier or Kong?

I can't speak for the Discarrier, but the Kong pockets are bigger than the ones on the Fade Tourney. Two putters fit in the putter pocket also. There is a zipper pocket behind the putter pocket that easily holds my golf rain jacket.

Yeah, I'm really looking to compare the Discarrier to Kong. I've got the Discarrier now and would only upgrade if Kong provided the same space for my 22 discs in the main compartment and had more pocket space than the Discarrier.

nice reviews!

GB bags can accomodate more discs than stated on its site if you take out the divider(s) and you can fit one or two more perpendicular along the back if you so wish. Of course what discs makes a difference.

I'm thinking about upgrading from a PDGA small bag to the squirrel monkey. I am a minimalist so like a smaller size bag and what's cool about the squirrel monkey is it's got two 32 oz water spots while all other small bags have only one.

I also like the light weight of the material that those bags are made of. My daughters bag is lighter full of discs than my PDGA bag is empty and that's not an exageration.

Has anyone tried a squirrel monkey?

...and you can fit one or two more perpendicular along the back if you so wish. Of course what discs makes a difference.
Same with the Discarrier; two perpendicular pretty easily... three or four if you want to pack 'em tight.

Latest posts