• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Diver Golden Retriever

Yeah. Has definitely saved me from getting wet a few times. Just make sure you remember to hold on to the other end lol.

I don't have one, but have used one and was very pleased with the way it works. Like mentioned, it works best when you can see your disc, if you can see it, you can pretty much get it with little effort, at least that's been my experience with it.

I don't have one, but have used one and was very pleased with the way it works. Like mentioned, it works best when you can see your disc, if you can see it, you can pretty much get it with little effort, at least that's been my experience with it.

or if you know roughly where the disc is.

I don't have one, but a guy with one saved me a swim the other day. It looks like it works great, though as others have said it would be less effective if you didn't know where the disc was or couldn't see it.

it does work great when you can see the discs or know roughly where it splashed into the water. Mine gets used the most using the retriever as a weight and dragging my dragon to the shore with the rope part. I have easly paid for this ten fold with the amount of discs I have gotten back

Make sure you hold on to the other end of the string and double check the knot that is keeping the metal part attached. I know people who have lost theirs one of these two ways. The golden retrievers are great and it will pay for itself eventually.

Yeah, the guy who had one left the end tied to his bag so there was no chance of throwing the whole thing out into the water. Good point about checking the knot at the other end too, that would suck to throw it out and pull back nothing but the string.

not that i want to but would you be able to blindly toss it in the local muddy disc eating pond and walk away with some discs?

im sure you could so long as the bottom of the pond/lake/etc was smooth as stated. Ive thought about getting one of these for some course by me that have some small hazards and seeing if im able to pull anything out

I've found enough disc to pay for my retriever after searching a pond at a course I play on Tues. after two tag nights. Its worth the money.

I have been pretty successful with this device. Liek everyone else has said if the disc is visible then you should have a easy catch. Obstacles such as rocks, strong current and sticks can hinder your safe disc rescue. I have probably pulled near 50 discs from the water (not all mine). Very much worth the investement.

I used mine for the first time at Bicentennial park in Crowley, TX a few weeks ago.

The disc had landed top-side down floating on top of brown water at hole 18. My first throw of the retriever hit the disc (oops) and sunk it into the murky water.

I kept my eyes on the exact spot the disc sank and threw my second throw past the spot and then aimed the line to go right over it. And against all odds I pulled out the disc on that first pull. The guys with me couldn't believe it.

Latest posts