• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Christmas gifts

porkturtle

Par Member
Sooooo, I'm pretty sure some of you have received or given gifts over the holidays this year. What did you give or what did you get?
I frequently throw with my older brother and oddly enough, none of us have a disc retriever (so often to our detriment - the eye opener was at a local course when my beloved Star Leopard landed in the middle of a swampy old canal sticking out of the reeds - so tantalizingly close, yet unreachable even with the longest nearby branch I found). Anyway, we had a total 'Gift of the Magi' moment yesterday: he got me a "Treenied" disc retriever and minutes later, from me he got a Max Disctance Disc retriever. lol.
My brother (he really splurged on this one!) also got me a Pound Bag Rufus! (navy blue and brick red). We had discussed this earlier this year and I told him I would eventually get one even though I was more than comfortable using my trusty Innova over-the-shoulder bag for the foreseeable future.
I also hooked my brother up with a VIP Fortress (these are sort of tough to find and also this replaces the one he had lost at the beginning of this year), and a Sublime Longhorn (I got him one earlier this year and he really really loves it - this one was a 168g to go along with his current 173g)

I got one of those Innova Traveler baskets. It is exactly what I hoped it would be lol.

Sooooo, I'm pretty sure some of you have received or given gifts over the holidays this year. What did you give or what did you get?
I frequently throw with my older brother and oddly enough, none of us have a disc retriever (so often to our detriment - the eye opener was at a local course when my beloved Star Leopard landed in the middle of a swampy old canal sticking out of the reeds - so tantalizingly close, yet unreachable even with the longest nearby branch I found). Anyway, we had a total 'Gift of the Magi' moment yesterday: he got me a "Treenied" disc retriever and minutes later, from me he got a Max Disctance Disc retriever. lol.
My brother (he really splurged on this one!) also got me a Pound Bag Rufus! (navy blue and brick red). We had discussed this earlier this year and I told him I would eventually get one even though I was more than comfortable using my trusty Innova over-the-shoulder bag for the foreseeable future.
I also hooked my brother up with a VIP Fortress (these are sort of tough to find and also this replaces the one he had lost at the beginning of this year), and a Sublime Longhorn (I got him one earlier this year and he really really loves it - this one was a 168g to go along with his current 173g)
Enjoy your Rufus! I have been using a custom Octothorpe for a few years (pandemic splurge) and it is one of the best investments I've ever made. The Rufus is a nice design that didn't exist when I got mine, I like how it is a bit more compact.

I have most DG accessories I want at this point, but my wife got me DG themed socks and a laser rangefinder. I think I may have a Glide gift card coming too (shop in Wisconsin).

Enjoy your Rufus! I have been using a custom Octothorpe for a few years (pandemic splurge) and it is one of the best investments I've ever made. The Rufus is a nice design that didn't exist when I got mine, I like how it is a bit more compact.

I have most DG accessories I want at this point, but my wife got me DG themed socks and a laser rangefinder. I think I may have a Glide gift card coming too (shop in Wisconsin).

I think I shall. Like I was telling my brother before and when I he actually gave it to me - "I'm not worthy!" - we both agreed, I'll be easing it in, but the more I've been playing around with this thing the past coupla days the more I'm excited to get it out for a round. I usually carry 12-17 discs (all depends if I'm trying something new or breaking some in, etc.) so this should be perfect. Loving the side pockets as they should be great for windbreakers, pullovers, my new disc retriever, water bottles, etc. Have tried it on a bunch of times already and it feels great!

Attachments

• 1228231052.jpg
    1228231052.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
image.jpg
This is mine in its "shoved in a corner" state. I travel kind of heavy with this thing but I have everything I could ever need when it comes to road trips.

I got this disc golf "card game" as kind of a funny thing. Has anyone ever played it?

It'll be fun to try out at some point. The biggest thing that will slow me down is that I usually play by myself. :LOL:

Strap on my bag of 10 years broke (the plastic adjusting piece), so went poking for bags yesterday. Found a westside Refuge backpack for $20. Picked up westside sling for $8 for my daughter who never plays ;). Have way too many discs, so had some restraint and just got those. $45 with tax and shipping. Hustle to Dynamic Discs if you too are looking for a cheap functional bag!

My friend got me an FD, an FD3, and a DD1. There was also some swag in the box, infinite t-shirt, a gyro wrist ball.
I got him a glow rollo and a breakout.

My mom got me a sockibomb boonie hat, a beanie, some patches, and some disc dice,

Pretty good haul. Got a Discin' Disciples hoodie, whale sac, and bag patch from my mom. Got a Tripod, Net, and Proton Atom from my in-laws. Ript Revenge from my wife and kids.
Haha I got a Whale Sac from my wife too. My days of rubbing my hands in the dirt are certainly coming to a middle.

My friend got me an FD, an FD3, and a DD1. There was also some swag in the box, infinite t-shirt, a gyro wrist ball.
I got him a glow rollo and a breakout.

My mom got me a sockibomb boonie hat, a beanie, some patches, and some disc dice,
I forgot about the gyro ball, I should pick up a new one.

The plastic adjusting piece that had been attached to my bag for ten years snapped, so I went fishing for bags the day before yesterday. Found a backpack from Westside Refuge for twenty dollars. For my daughter, who never plays, I purchased a westside sling for the price of eight dollars. I have a staggering number of CDs, so I exercised some self-control and just purchased those. $45 when tax and shipping are taken into account. If you, too, are searching for a bag that is both affordable and useful, head on over to Dynamic Discs! space bar clicker

Last edited:

Latest posts