• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc for right dog leg holes

Best shot is to throw lefty backhand.

That's what I would do.

Up your game.

:)

really keep trying to learn RHFH.

Its priceless to be able to put a left or right fade on any situation with any disc

Thumber skips

No no no, very much relaxed! :)

I was honestly just curious. And I wasn't talking about FH or BH skipping...I meant thumber skip VS. air shot FH/BH. Thanks for the reply!

If I drop down a little more sidearm than usual and throw a thumber low, so that it hits the ground on the flight plate of the disc, I can usually get about a 20-30' skip to the right. If there are some good pine needles or a nice hard surface i can get more. Then again, if hit a root or rock I sometimes get nothing. :(

I find my 172 Opto Fuse and 175 Pro Leopard (both beat) to be the best for turnovers with little fade. You start getting into the wider rims (speed 9 and Higher) and you likely will have more fade to deal with and skip. Can be done by adding anny and height but control is tougher.

I either use an M4 or Mako3 for the shorter shots, or a beat in Sidewinder or AvengerSS for a little longer holes. Or you can just hyzer bomb it. ;)

Practice that forehand. Every backhander is lousy when they attempt their first forehand shots. If you concentrate on keeping your palm to the sky, and throw straight discs (i.e. not overstable), you will get better. I am a firm believer that forehand will always be better than backhand for the type of shot you described. 1) you face your target the entire time. That helps with accuracy, especially in the woods. 2) understable discs are extremely hard to throw straight and have them fade right at the very end of the flight. this is an easy forehand shot.

There are some shots that require understable discs thrown backhand. Most shots are more easily thrown forehand.

Latest posts