• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc gator mod

Ahnert

Modded disc gator to fit in backpack.. Total height 14" total reach 6'2 plus head...

Attachments

• IMAG0497.jpg
    IMAG0497.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 108
I see the appeal of being able to fit it inside a backpack with sections that are about 14", but haven't you lost about 5ft or so of reach?

The tent poles Disc Gator sells come in approx. 20" sections and extend to about 11ft, and there are times I definitely need more than 6'-6.5' of reach. I keep them in one of the external side pockets of my Grip bag and secure run with a tie down strap further up the side of the bag so they stay in place when not in use. They're a bit taller than my bag over all, but it's never been a problem.

That said, if storing them outside your bag isn't a feasible option, I guess you did what you gotta do to keep them conveniently accessible.

By the way, if anyone's on the fence about getting a Disc Gator, I've had mine for a couple of years now and absolutely love it. Good for more than just water retrievals - works well in places a Golden Retriever simply can't go; trees, really thorny bushes, under fences, ponds with jagged rocky bottoms or submerged branches, wasp nests.

I love mine for grabbing the discs I throw into my neighbor's yard before her dogs get to them.

Latest posts