• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc limit?

Should there be a disc limit?

• Yes, 14 is plenty and would make things interesting

Votes: 43 23.9%
  • No way! I just bought a Fade Tourney bag

Votes: 99 55.0%
  • A limit, but not 14 - it's lame to copy ball golf

Votes: 38 21.1%

• Total voters
I'd love to see a limit, just to see Feldberg freak out!:p

Other than that, I don't care. I only carry 12-14 discs anyway and could easily get by with 6-8

For the ball golfers out there, do you carry the allowed 14 clubs? I only carried 9 when I played. For DG I carry about 12.

What I really enjoy about DG is there's a core set of rules, but everyone is free to build their own bag of tricks. I'd hate to see that ruined by an arbitrary limit. I say carry whatever you want!

For the ball golfers out there, do you carry the allowed 14 clubs? I only carried 9 when I played. For DG I carry about 12.

What I really enjoy about DG is there's a core set of rules, but everyone is free to build their own bag of tricks. I'd hate to see that ruined by an arbitrary limit. I say carry whatever you want!

I'm a golf ball golfer. Made a lot of my own clubs back in the day when Golfsmith had parts. I'd usually carry 14 clubs, heavy on wedges, and often testing a club I'd constructed. But depending on the course (a par-3 course, for example), I might take some clubs out of the bag and have 10 or 11.

I'm a golf ball golfer. Made a lot of my own clubs back in the day when Golfsmith had parts..

I took a club building class at Golfsmith. It really changed how I approached my club selection, and my understanding of club fitting.

With all the variables out of our control with discs, I almost wish I could make those myself too.

I used to do that. I still regrip a lot, but lost the love for club building. I've bought two sets of irons this year already lol

I took a club building class at Golfsmith. It really changed how I approached my club selection, and my understanding of club fitting.

I had a coworker who was a good golfer. He'd try out for the US Open and Sr. Open every year. He taught me how to make clubs and to regrip clubs (which is embarrassingly easy to do). I made a set of clubs for my brother, lengthened his wedges (he's tall like me, and needed the extra length), and had fun trying stuff.

As to DG, I'll settle for buying discs rather than trying to make them....

Latest posts