• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc or form?

hyperspike

Par Member
Just wanted to see what some people thought about this cause i am slightly confused....

So i was hyzer flipping a DX slightly beat in leopard this weekend and it would flip good for the first 100' or so but then just KEEP turning and about 250 feet or so out just hit the ground and cut roll out... I was trying to keep it pretty low apex about 15 feet or less...

is this just a bad disc selection or is that a form issue? I have a few other leopards (champ and a star) that can't flip nearly as much BUT they also don't keep flipping, like the DX one i have does... i would actually like them to flip a little more which i am assuming will happen in time as i beat them in...

so is this a problem with my form or just a bad choice of disc and that DX has become to understable for me?

Throw with more hyzer, if it still flips right over and rolls, its probably form. If it flips slower like you want, it COULD be the disc (might still be form too)

Along with trying more hyze, play with giving it more height to work (which can be tricky to throw a forward-moving hyze-flip with height), or slow your arm speed down.

I'd say a beat up DX Leo could easly beat in to the point of you aren't going to be able to full-power hyze flip it. It may be much more finessey than it was before, which means it's not useless, just you have to pamper it even more with the hyze flip.

My vote is "disc" for this one. Not that it's broken, it's just different.

What's the weight? I have a slightly beat 150 DX Leopard that I can throw on a hyzer release perpendicular to the ground and it flies hard left, gradually flips up, and eventually turns and burns. I don't have this with my heavier Leos.

Throw with more hyzer, if it still flips right over and rolls, its probably form. If it flips slower like you want, it COULD be the disc (might still be form too)

it didn't flip RIGHT over... it was slower, like watching it and saying now fade back ...FADE BACK!!!! and it just never did, just kept cruising right...until it hit the ground and rolled

What's the weight? I have a slightly beat 150 DX Leopard that I can throw on a hyzer release perpendicular to the ground and it flies hard left, gradually flips up, and eventually turns and burns. I don't have this with my heavier Leos.

its a 169 i think, but i usually throw a bit heavier... didn't think that < 5 grams between that and my other drivers would make that big of a difference

My guess it is probably the disc. A well worn or beat disc will tend to do that, especially in DX plastic. You can still use it as a roller disc, or back off on the power, add more hyzer to it to get it to hyzer flip nicely. Sometimes if a disc is that beat or worn, you might never get it from flipping all the way over to the right and not coming back.

I had a beat 174 DX Leo that would do the same thing. You could let it go almost vertical and it would flip all the way over and roll. Fun to watch. My 175 champ Leo hyzer flips and makes some beautiful lines and still has its fade

I have a friend who hyzer flips a beat in Leopard such that it's essentially perpendicular to the ground - and with a tiny amount of pop, flips to the point where it turns into a roller almost every time unless he throws it incredibly high. It's a fun disc to have, and has its uses. There's a disc called an Optimizer that does this pretty much brand new.

It would have to flip over pretty hard to come in steep enough to roll much wouldn't it?

Not necessarily. I've seen some big arm pros throw BH rollers that almost looked flat when they hit the ground. I remember saying "too bad" to this one guy moments before it poppd up and rolled another 300'.

Latest posts