• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discaroo for trades?

yes actually. I've used Discaroo about a dozen times and have had good experiences each time. The only thing I would watch out for it people with no transaction feedback. Obviously, everyone starts with zero feedback but I am still cautious about it.

I've done 20 trades on discaroo. There are some very nice things about the set-up... ie. searching for discs and the automatch function. No bad experiences yet.

It is ok. Discs can sit on there for a long time with zero interest.

Dom, go look at the rant post about trade value. http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9693

Discaroo is crap.

mzuleger said:
No bad experiences yet.

Wait what...Didn't you make a rant post on trade value and how people on discaroo screw you on the value?

I never had any luck there. I had a few discs I wanted and was never able to even contact the owners. My best trades have been right here at DGR.

I think Discaroo is a good site. It's not perfect, but they are actively changing it for the better. And about disc value, you can reject a trade by hitting one button.

Fritz said:
mzuleger said:
No bad experiences yet.

Wait what...Didn't you make a rant post on trade value and how people on discaroo screw you on the value?

By no bad experiences I meant I've received all discs that I traded for... the rant was in regards to a different issue that wasn't nec. exclusive to discaroo.

Fritz said:
Dom, go look at the rant post about trade value. http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9693

Discaroo is crap.

Thats funny. I skimmed over that thread and I though "discaroo sucks" was some kind of hip slang for saying discraft sucks.

Wait what...Didn't you make a rant post on trade value and how people on discaroo screw you on the value?[/quote]

I'll give you a DX viper for your CE Firebird.[/quote]

I agree this is one of the things about the site that can be annoying.[/quote]

Maybe cause it's more anonymous.

domromer said:

I'll give you a DX viper for your CE Firebird.[/quote]

I agree this is one of the things about the site that can be annoying.[/quote]

Maybe cause it's more anonymous.[/quote]

That could be, but I also think it's cause when people list their wanted disc they'll leave it open for offers by putting "Innova" or "Generic Disc." You're kind of asking for people to make ridiculous offers when you do that. I Haven't had too many "clown shoe" trade requests since I changed my wants to specific discs.

I'd always get offers for discs that were even on my list, and then people would get mad. I'd get messages, come on man, you aren't throwing that disc just trade me. lol.

The concept of Discaroo is a great concept, but then again in theory Communism and Utopia are good in theory as well ;)

What I like about here (DGR) is I feel like I know everyone I'm trading with because of the community we have here.
I doint' feel that way about Discaroo.

Frank_Delicious said:
What up with all the broken quotes?

Only allowed to do 3 quotes in a post now. I'm trying to figure out how to turn that crap off, cause it sucks. But until then, I think we are just breaking the quotes lol.
We are disc golfers and lazy when it comes to posting.

Fritz said:
Frank_Delicious said:
What up with all the broken quotes?

Only allowed to do 3 quotes in a post now. I'm trying to figure out how to turn that crap off, cause it sucks. But until then, I think we are just breaking the quotes lol.
We are disc golfers and lazy when it comes to posting.

from the PHPBB forums:

phpbb forum said:
admin control panel -> general tab -> Board configuration -> post settings

you can then configure the option

Maximum number of nested quotes in a post. Set to 0 for unlimited depth.

thats is for PHPBB3