• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DiscGolfer Magazine: Value Added or a Waste of Money?

In the summer 2018 edition, the First Tee editors column makes note of perhaps some lack of gender awareness/discrimination in a prior articles writing. The columnist even notes he asked his wife about it. You know, you got to get some perspective. So, they apologize for the offense and say they will do better.
Page twenty-seven is part of the GBO recap. There are four paragraphs that give a mini recap of the men's last card final round. Eighteen words are so extravagantly used to describe the women's final round and result.
I guess he didn't check with his wife before submitting the article.

In the summer 2018 edition, the First Tee editors column makes note of perhaps some lack of gender awareness/discrimination in a prior articles writing. The columnist even notes he asked his wife about it. You know, you got to get some perspective. So, they apologize for the offense and say they will do better.
Page twenty-seven is part of the GBO recap. There are four paragraphs that give a mini recap of the men's last card final round. Eighteen words are so extravagantly used to describe the women's final round and result.
I guess he didn't check with his wife before submitting the article.

We should get him fired.

Nah. I imagine writing for the magazine is a pretty thankless and volunteer job. However, maybe the editor needs an editor.

Love the magazine. I think the price of the membership is very fair. The same people complaining about cancelling the magazine are probally using the newest Iphone reading and commenting. Save your $5 on your phone purchase and leave this great mag alone!

The magazine comes with getting your membership so I dont really feel like it's not worth it or anything.I enjoy reading it and it helps when your on the road and trying to save battery or data.

The magazine is a great chronicle of what is still an emerging sport. I do wish there were more interviews and instructional features, and less tournament coverage. Cover the big ones, certainly, but it's too tournament heavy for my liking.

It's interesting that Magazine cost used to be broken out in the PDGA's budget so you could see exactly what members pay for the magazine. Now the Magazine cost is lumped into "member benefits" which obscures the true cost of the magazine. I think whether or not you like the magazine, all members should be able to agree that we should know how much it costs.

Speaking of the Magazine, has anyone received the December 2018 one yet? It says on PDGA.com (early december) for ship.