• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania TDx

jonkimbertx

Par Member
Home for wild speculation and/or actual announcements :D

Disc dimensions:

Rim width- 2.0 cm
Rim depth- 1.2 cm
Disc height - 1.5 cm

The rim width is between the TD (1.9) and TD2 (2.1), while also deeper than both at 1.2 just like the new CD3 which they were trying to make ergonomic. So it's almost certainly a 10 speed driver, which leaves me wondering because that part of the lineup is pretty filled up already :\

Last edited:
The rim width is between the TD (1.9) and TD2 (2.1), while also deeper than both at 1.2 just like the new CD3 which they were trying to make ergonomic. So it's almost certainly a 10 speed driver, which leaves me wondering because that part of the lineup is pretty filled up already :\

If it's a little faster than a TD, i.e. a Speed 11 (give or take), then it fills a near empty space (per the Marshall Street Flight Guide).

It sounds like they want the TDx to be competition for the DD Renegade, which is a very good disc in that region of DG space. Might be interesting.

Some testers are coming my way. I'll give a rundown of the flight when I can.

Heard from someone who has thrown one that it was really understable. Asked to compare it to a TD2 but he said he has never thrown one of those.

which is odd because the TD is fairly stable (especially compared to it's ratings, the S-line seems more like a -1/1)

With the PDx being more overstable than the PD, the TDx sounds like it should be quite similar to a pPD. Makes the 'x' designation a little harder to figure out for Discmania.

Thanks for posting the video. TDx looks pretty good, but I get a real sense that it will fly a lot like my Ti Avenger SS flies. I like my Avenger SS more than the TD, so I dunno if the TDx offers anything the Avenger SS doesn't....

Definitely potential for this to be a cool disc. I would've liked to have seen a wing profile or better description of the disc feel than just a generic it has some dome to it. I've got a seasoned champ sidewinder that gets used for touch shots. I love it because it's comfy forehand and backhand, and is at a stability where I have uses for it either way.

That was my concern with the cd3, based on descriptions of feel I've got enough flat wraiths that feel perfectly fine grip wise.

I wonder if this will have a more shallow grip to it like a ddx?

Well I just want to say wtf innova/discmania.

The new run TDS are probably 9 5 -2 2. If they would make the old run TDs which were 9 5 0 2

These new TDX would have fit perfectly. Now these basically seem like a seasoned version of the new TD.

Who cares about this new disc now?

Well I just want to say wtf innova/discmania.

The new run TDS are probably 9 5 -2 2. If they would make the old run TDs which were 9 5 0 2

These new TDX would have fit perfectly. Now these basically seem like a seasoned version of the new TD.

Who cares about this new disc now?

Here is why I care:

1) I no longer have to say I bag an STD
2) The speed 10 of the TD never meshed well with me
3) You and I are both speed 7-9 appreciators - could be a compliments between the TDx and the CD2
4) As we get older our noodle arms will need that -3 :D

These things are pretty flippy. Similar to avenger ss or a roadrunner. Less stable than any star roadrunner i have seen new. But the rim looks like a roadrunner with a small bead to me.

I'm excited to give the TDX a try. I've got an S-line TD2 that I bag sometimes that is SUPER flippy. I use it for hyzer-flip turnover shots, but it's so flippy it can be unpredictable. The only thing I can count on is that it will NEVER fade out left for me. But lots of times it flips over too much, even when started on a hyzer. A great roller disc for sure, but turnover shots are a little sketchy.

Hoping the TDX is a bit more predictable.

Latest posts