• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania - X

So I haven't seen much of this thread, so sorry if this is a repeat question. Looking at that picture it looks like a whale. Am I the only one to think that?

Agreed. Currently using an Aussie Open X P1x for approaches and drives, with two Supreme Flight X P1xs for putting duties. In Tahoe it's 40 degrees when playing, but recently played near Sacramento in the mid 70s and the X plastic was still great. Really excited for this season with the P1x.

I foresee a large spring replenishment across the board on the DM site in the near future. It would make sense with the amount of colors and weights that are being requested by people!
I'd piggy back on that and say that they're probably going to start offering some CFR models for the upcoming EO. *fingers crossed*

I'm a Yeti putter, after coming off of Magnets (too flippy) Aviar PnA (no bead "feel" like magnet wing), SS Wizard (too deep) and Yetis. Love the Yeti plastic blend - grippy of Pro with stiff of DX. Like the Yeti bead, puddle top. Yeti is OK off the tee for me. I want a do-it-all putter, and all I'm reading is lots of Yeti comparisons.

Could someone please please please take a shot of the Yeti side by side with an X line P1x?? Curious about the edges matched head to head, and also - which one is taller overall? P1x still looks like it's pretty tall. Help a confused putter find something to stick with.

(also, if you are one of the few that didn't like yours, I do have a small bit of PayPal to relieve you of your burden of unused plastic... PM me) Until Gotta Go Gotta Throw gets them in stock, I'm stuck with seeing your pictures and dreaming of what X Line is like.

I putt with a Yeti. I'll toy and take a pic when I get home. As far as putting duties for the P1x go, I would caution that the X-line P1x has a bit softer feel than (what I consider to be a perfect putter...) feel than the Yeti. The P1x feels a bit more rubbery. I didn't think it was much of a thing, until I started to try and putt with it. I found that, because of the rubber feel, I was getting bounce outs on otherwise dead center putts. I still use the P1x to putt, but from 40 out. Hope that helps.

I putt with a Yeti. I'll toy and take a pic when I get home. As far as putting duties for the P1x go, I would caution that the X-line P1x has a bit softer feel than (what I consider to be a perfect putter...) feel than the Yeti. The P1x feels a bit more rubbery. I didn't think it was much of a thing, until I started to try and putt with it. I found that, because of the rubber feel, I was getting bounce outs on otherwise dead center putts. I still use the P1x to putt, but from 40 out. Hope that helps.

I love DGCR - thanks OlyWA

I can learn to love D line again. I used ProD magnets and they were good an firm to putt long distances. Soft magnets also got too bouncy for me in the chains, and floppy in the hand on long putts. I went with the Yeti because I wanted a beaded putter with the least amount of fade. KC Aviar too firm, and too much fade. Wizard same, Ion, blah blah. Bead feels so nice - I just want one that I can aim at the pole and let it go, from 10' to 40'

X-p1x left. Yeti right. Sorry for crappy cell phone pic.
Yeti is definitely a touch stiffer, but I haven't noticed any bounce outs or anything with my p1xs.

Attachments

• IMG_20150213_220008_396.jpg
    IMG_20150213_220008_396.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 82
It sounds like the DiscMania new plastic X Line is probably the "XT" equivalent from Innova from the discussion here?

It also sounds like it's kinda flexible? The XT Aviar I thought was nice and stiff... For those with a P1x X Line, is this more towards a JK Aviar, XT Aviar, Yeti Pro type plastic?

I was really surprised how flexible xt plastic is. I have an xt atlas and nova, so I was looking forward to an entire disc made out of the stiff but super grippy flight plate material of those two discs. Turns out standalone xt (and I assume dm-x) is something totally different.