• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Punisher

Picked up a couple of z punishers to compare to my pinnacle outlaws. Hand feel is more comfortable for sure, but obviously the z plastic isn't as grippy. I got a 168 and a 174, right in line with the weights of outlaws i like to carry.

Won't get to throw them until next week but looking forward to checking them out.

Been throwing the punishers lately and they seem to fit well right between my cranks and undertakers. Easier to work a straighter line than the outlaws I had been carrying. Theres a little more high speed turn but less fade, which also fits my style a little better than throwing harder and glatter shots. Still good in a headwind for me also. I'll keep them in my bag for now.

Next problem is figuring out if I need both the mantis and undertaker in the fairway slot or just carry them both and be happy.

So, since Discraft wants to make every disc besides the Surge in new ESP, I am looking to the Punisher to slowly replace my slew of Surges.

Anyone spent time with all the plastics? Looking for Intel on most to least stable of ESP, Z, Big Z.

Halp?!?!

I think these are going to be popular soon.

You may be right but for me, this mold was super disappointing. A disc that was described as Discraft's Destroyer, it couldn't be more of a flop. For me, they were glideless turds. I could throw my Thunderbirds farther than these.

I have a feeling they will be super popular in about 6 months.

I'm not sold on McBeth throwing the Punisher if that's what you're referring to. But who knows, you probably know something I don't.

The Punisher's rim is narrower than a Wraith. I doubt McBeth would even bag one other than just to move another SKU.

The PDGA measurements aren't reliable.

My calipers show an ESP Punisher to be ~.835" wide- same as the Thrasher and Machete. A couple Wraiths are .850"- same as DD Trespass and Enforcer. Destroyers are ~.900" to maybe .915"(not quite as consistent and I have several)- same as a Defender and Force. And for specificity's sake, I actually have two Crystal Sparkle FLX Forces that are only .890", while the Z I had was .900".

Punisher flies more similarly to the Wraith than a Destroyer, IMO. Less HSS than most Destroyers, certainly. Not to say I don't like the mold, but they don't come out to play on windy days. The GLO Z Punishers are the most overstable, if that is what you are looking for.

Punisher flies more similarly to the Wraith than a Destroyer, IMO. Less HSS than most Destroyers, certainly. Not to say I don't like the mold, but they don't come out to play on windy days. The GLO Z Punishers are the most overstable, if that is what you are looking for.

I agree. Smaller rim width, less HSS. ESP Punisher I have flies more like a Trespass or Wraith.