• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Z Stalker

Where can I get a crystal Stalker, or a ghost back stamp? I need to pick up another glo Stalker as a more neutral Stalker, but I also want a beefy one like my Ti as a backup. If they are hard to find, am I better off just stocking up on Ti's?

i tried to find a ghost backstamp in the MP to no luck.

crystals are typically tourny stamps. now that i think about it i only got them from the MP. ha.

ti are oop but not that difficult to find. crappy colors and doesnt fly like normal z ones so people dont like them. watch out for BS raised prices.

backstamp seems to hold up in the wind better. i took my TI out for my backstamp. ti flutters in a heavy headwind where backstamp doesnt

I use my z stalker for going straight, going straight, and going straight. the stalker is a 1 trick pony, but it does that one trick very, very well. (that trick is going straight, btw)

I use my z stalker for going straight, going straight, and going straight. the stalker is a 1 trick pony, but it does that one trick very, very well. (that trick is going straight, btw)

I used all of my Stalkers for sweeping hyzers, slight S curves around trees, big negative bends, skip shots and going straight. The Stalker has been the most versatile disc in my bag over the years. In fact I play more one disc rounds with it than my putters or mids. I've since lost my glo z and esp, and my Ti is a little too stable to really give me that negative turn I got out of the others, but it still does a lot.

I just found a Z Stalker on my local course. I texted the number and the guy said for me to keep it.
I am liking this disc. It feels like a slower but glider Volt. I also found that I can throw it uphills better than the Volt(glide?). I
I don't know that I can shape it as well as the Volt, but we sill see.

I just found a Z Stalker on my local course. I texted the number and the guy said for me to keep it.
I am liking this disc.

Learn this disc. It will improve your game in so many ways. THE perfect straight/stable flying fairway driver.

Learn this disc. It will improve your game in so many ways. THE perfect straight/stable flying fairway driver.

The qjls might have something to say about that! I had a stalker for awhile and much preferred the qjls it's more of a buzz on roids than the stalker is.

The stalker was not dead straight for me; it had a slight s curve to it. While I liked the disc, it was not as straight as my Plasma Volt or light weight Crave.

The stalker was not dead straight for me; it had a slight s curve to it. While I liked the disc, it was not as straight as my Plasma Volt or light weight Crave.

Sounds like you found a beat one. My beat Z gives me a gentle S. My ESP is fresher and straight.

Is Plasma really that different in a Volt? I find my proton Volt to be much more stable than any Stalker I've thrown. Stalker is similar to a Crave though. My Stalkers tend to have a touch less fade.

Stalker is great. Threw it for a long time. Pairs great with buzz for mids. Wish it came in x or d plastic. So hard to cycle z since its indestructible.

Stalker is great. Threw it for a long time. Pairs great with buzz for mids. Wish it came in x or d plastic. So hard to cycle z since its indestructible.

Yeah, I've had a 176g Glo-Z in my bag for a couple years now and it has seen a lot of wooded courses. Been holding it's stability very well. :thmbup:

Sounds like you found a beat one. My beat Z gives me a gentle S. My ESP is fresher and straight.

Is Plasma really that different in a Volt? I find my proton Volt to be much more stable than any Stalker I've thrown. Stalker is similar to a Crave though. My Stalkers tend to have a touch less fade.

Plasma is drastically different in a Volt. Powered down, my Plasma holds a straight line all the way to the ground, full power it has a small amount of turn. My Fision Volt is straight at high speed with a gentle fade at the end. My Eclipse Volt is exhibits some high speed turn, but is dumpy at the end.

I played a round today on a small technical course, I played out of my nutsack. I replaced my Volt with the Stalker. That was a mistake. It glides well, but I had issues with forehands and distance shots.
After the round, I took it into the field to compare it to my Craves. The stalker was more OS than even my Watermelon Crave. Also I regularly was throwing the Crave 30-35 ft more.
One of the guys I played with could really get the stalker to sail, but he throws everything on a flex line(tennis player).
I may put it in my big bag for an over stable complete to the Crave, but it is not a replacement.

Plasma is drastically different in a Volt. Powered down, my Plasma holds a straight line all the way to the ground, full power it has a small amount of turn. My Fision Volt is straight at high speed with a gentle fade at the end. My Eclipse Volt is exhibits some high speed turn, but is dumpy at the end.

I played a round today on a small technical course, I played out of my nutsack. I replaced my Volt with the Stalker. That was a mistake. It glides well, but I had issues with forehands and distance shots.
After the round, I took it into the field to compare it to my Craves. The stalker was more OS than even my Watermelon Crave. Also I regularly was throwing the Crave 30-35 ft more.
One of the guys I played with could really get the stalker to sail, but he throws everything on a flex line(tennis player).
I may put it in my big bag for an over stable complete to the Crave, but it is not a replacement.

Very strange experience IMO. It sounds almost completely opposite of my experience, and I've thrown a lot of Stalkers over the years.

Ive never had a brand new volt turn (despite the fr volts). No matter what blend. Throwing 325 fh n bh.

Stalker is shorter volt I would feel comfortable saying. Not exact but close enough. Fh n bh.

I've been thinking about using the stalker to bridge a gap in my bag. I use the comet and wasp together and love them. I have a single buzzz after that followed by undertaker/pred/heat set up. I feel like the Stalker would be a better disc between all of those. Thoughts?

My main hangup is for some reason I could see the stalker going OOP and the buzzz is going no where. I hear the TI's are awesome but I don't like hunting for discs (even though I seem to keep getting hooked onto "special" discs.

I've been thinking about using the stalker to bridge a gap in my bag. I use the comet and wasp together and love them. I have a single buzzz after that followed by undertaker/pred/heat set up. I feel like the Stalker would be a better disc between all of those. Thoughts?

My main hangup is for some reason I could see the stalker going OOP and the buzzz is going no where. I hear the TI's are awesome but I don't like hunting for discs (even though I seem to keep getting hooked onto "special" discs.

I don't see the Stalker going OOP. It's one of their best drivers and is used by a lot of their top pros. I was upset to see it not being made in production Z-Glo anymore. Why they did that but the Zombee is still being made in Z-Glo doesn't make sense.

Sounds like the Stalker would be a really good addition to your bag. You don't throw a ton of molds so I wouldn't hesitate to work it into your game. It's my most used driver.

I agree with the Stalker being a great disc. I use it exactly for what you are suggesting (Between buzzzes and My Preds/Undertaker) for shaping shots in the woods and lower power straight shots. Definitely check one out as it is very versatile.

stalker is a longer buzz