• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Excite Distance Driver

Huh. My experience was almost the opposite with the Axiom and MVP drivers getting kicked out for the Corvette.

I always had a hard time controlling the Excite. But that was when it was new, so maybe I've gotten better.

I like the Corvette, and have thrown quite a few of them (star and G*). The G* Corvette is similar to the Excite in stability, glide, and distance. The star Corvette is a lot shorter and somewhat beefier with less glide.

The Excite is definitely flippier than most star Corvettes. It flexes out and glides better too.

The Excite and G* Corvette would be among the top 5 longest driver molds I've ever seen/thrown. The Relativity would probably be on it too, but I feel like the Excite is a little better.

I like the Corvette, and have thrown quite a few of them (star and G*). The G* Corvette is similar to the Excite in stability, glide, and distance. The star Corvette is a lot shorter and somewhat beefier with less glide.

The Excite is definitely flippier than most star Corvettes. It flexes out and glides better too.

The Excite and G* Corvette would be among the top 5 longest driver molds I've ever seen/thrown. The Relativity would probably be on it too, but I feel like the Excite is a little better.

I throw the hell out of the Relativity. I seem to have similar experince to you with long distance discs, but not here.

The Excite could bomb, but I'd always have trouble getting it to finish anything other than turned over. (unless I was looking for that, and I would get straight to stable). It just did what it wanted, and it was worse with wind (which I have a lot of usually)

Different strokes for different folks I guess. :\

Got one coming in. Haven't been playing mush, so I doubt I get good turn from it. Could still make a spot in my MVP/Axiom bag.

I finally found another Excite at Another Round in Charlotte, they had a bunch around 175g. Picked up a domey boy and it bombs like the old used one I've been using. If you're in between that 350-400' range these are great straight bombers. I can throw these with a smidge of anny and they'll flex out super nice.

I don't have the arm for this one. Really looked to fly no different than the Tantrum I gave away. Looking like Octane/Catalyst is my upper MVP/Axiom limit.

Interesting. I found the Octane to be beefier than the Excite. 1 speed slower as well.

I'd rate all those Axiom/MVP drivers as such.... (from least to most stable)

Catalyst
Excite
Relativity
Mayhem
Octane

Weird, the Mayhem I have is definitely flippier than my Excites.

I got my Octane used from a forehander, and I only throw it into the winds. I probably should have included that. I really did not throw my Mayhems enough to get a great feel for them.

My Opto-X Destiny got a really wicked gash in its rim, and I've yet to repair it. It was a real favorite of mine for a somewhat stable but still flippy max distance driver.

In the meantime, I just got a Neutron Excite in to try out. I haven't thrown it yet, but first impressions are that it's somewhat beefy looking. Rather flat on top, highish PLH. Rim seems to be Nuke territory max width. Feels ever so slightly thicker than a Corvette or Knight.

Can't wait to throw it! Hopefully it flips easier than a Star Corvette, and a little more controllable than the Knight or Relativity. Relativity is either wildly flippy or wildly stable I just don't get it.

My Opto-X Destiny got a really wicked gash in its rim, and I've yet to repair it. It was a real favorite of mine for a somewhat stable but still flippy max distance driver.

In the meantime, I just got a Neutron Excite in to try out. I haven't thrown it yet, but first impressions are that it's somewhat beefy looking. Rather flat on top, highish PLH. Rim seems to be Nuke territory max width. Feels ever so slightly thicker than a Corvette or Knight.

Can't wait to throw it! Hopefully it flips easier than a Star Corvette, and a little more controllable than the Knight or Relativity. Relativity is either wildly flippy or wildly stable I just don't get it.

I have 2 Excites, both Neutron. I don't know the weight of either of them, but I figure they're both at least 170g. One disc is pretty domey, and the other is flatter. The domey Excite is a massive bomber. It turns fairly easily, and glides great.

The flatter Excite is a little more stubborn. It doesn't turn very easily, and I'm not all that impressed with the glide. The domey one is much longer.

The Excite is more controllable than the Knight or Relativity. Fairly comparable to the Corvette. I also agree with your comment about the Relativity being either flippy or stubborn. I'll try to hyzerflip it and it won't go to flat or turn. Then, when I really mash on it flat the disc flips over hard. I like the Relativity, but you have to hit it perfectly to get the proper flight.

My domey Excite is something like 14, 5, -2, 2, and the flat one is more like 14, 4, -1, 3.

IMO the Excite is a speed faster, a little longer, and not quite as flippy as a Destiny.

You should let us know what you think of yours after you throw it.

Last edited:
Got a good amount of throws with my flattish Excite through two rounds of play and some field shots. I'd rate it 14/5/-1/2. Turned about as easily/hard as I was expecting, but didn't have a wicked dumpy fade at the end of its flight. Still kind of pushes forward as it slows down. It definitely gets some distance, but isn't a floaty drifter. Once in a blue moon it'll slip early out of my hand because of its max width rim.

Got a good amount of throws with my flattish Excite through two rounds of play and some field shots. I'd rate it 14/5/-1/2. Turned about as easily/hard as I was expecting, but didn't have a wicked dumpy fade at the end of its flight. Still kind of pushes forward as it slows down. It definitely gets some distance, but isn't a floaty drifter. Once in a blue moon it'll slip early out of my hand because of its max width rim.

Sounds about like my flat Excite. I like the domey one a lot better. It turns easier, glides better, and is just way longer.

Latest posts