• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade gear bags

Fade bags are great for the price; you definitely get more bang for your buck in terms of features. From my experience, you do see a downside in terms of durability. I used a fade tourney bag for 2 years and it was pretty much beat after that. There were blowouts in the face fabric and a few of the zippers were busted.

I also had the fade quad-straps and they work pretty well. It's nice to always have the rain fly available in case of emergency. Just one less thing to think about when you're heading out the door. The rain fly wraps under the bag, which keeps the mud off. One downside to the rain fly is that it can be tough to access the side and front pockets when it's fully wrapped up. You can work around it, just a slight inconvenience.

I am glad that I eventually dropped the money for a backpack-style bag instead. It carries the weight much better, and no more dealing with tangled quad straps!

If you're on a budget, tho, it's tough to beat the Fade bags.

Did you contact Fade about this? I know they only have a year warranty so I wouldn't expect them to do anything about it, but the owner does seem interested in how his bags hold up and usually tries to stay on top of quality issues. I would imagine if you sent that bag to them or at least sent pictures of what failed he can look into improving durability in those areas for future bag models.

Went to Fade's website and they only have the Crunch Box listed. And they haven't posted anything on their Facebook main page since November of last year. Are all these backpacks digging into their business? I assume the Crunch still sells well.

Went to Fade's website and they only have the Crunch Box listed. And they haven't posted anything on their Facebook main page since November of last year. Are all these backpacks digging into their business? I assume the Crunch still sells well.

I had a Fade Lite but recently upgraded to the Crunch Box. It's really good, as was my Lite. Durable, holds 12 or so discs (currently bagging 9), and holds my big Nalgene bottle in the holder. I also like that it has a fair-sized outside pocket for keys, gum, phone, etc.

One suggestion, dip the bottom in some waterproof instant rubber sort of stuff. It makes it much better for sitting down in wet grass and provides the bag with some structure. A friend did mine for me and it improves the bag a ton.

Just got a Go-Cart and dug out my Fade Tourney bag from 2010 to use with it. Its got some wear and tear, but still fully functional. Would highly recommend Fade Bags. Awesome value for what you pay for them.

I called FADE, and they are only producing the Crunch right now, with no plans for anything else at this time.

Bummer. The Lite is (was) the best starter bag on the market.

Me and my wife both use the Crunch bag. It's awesome. She has the more updated version with the larger pockets that are raised up so they don't touch the ground and a little mini pocket on the front. Mine is at least 6 years old now and it looks bran new. Nothing faded, torn, zippers work, straps are perfect. I would highly recommend this bag.

Would you say that the fade tournament bag is better than the dynamic soldier bag or the mvp nucleus? As far as quality and room?

I havent used the fade tournament bag but ive heard nothing but good things. A similar bag is the innova competition bag which i think has thicker material but you cant go wrong with either bag. good luck

I am very upset! I went to look for a new bag for my wife today and DiscGolfCenter only has the Dude Camo color in stock for Fade tournament size. I did also check Marshall St & Ebay & a few other places. All I could find was the Dude or Blue.

Anyone looking for a great bag should scoop one up before they are gone. DiscGolfCenter has only 6 left, all Dude color.

I was going to look for a pink or red for my wife but they are gone. I guess now I may get the DD Soldier in fracture pink. I do not like the putter pocket as well on the DD bag. The putter pocket on the Fade bag expands enough to hold 3 putters yet also holds 1 just as securely.

The DD bag holds only 2 putters & does not stretch out as much.

If anyone knows a store who has Fade Tourney bags in red or pink, please let me know.

One suggestion, dip the bottom in some waterproof instant rubber sort of stuff. It makes it much better for sitting down in wet grass and provides the bag with some structure. A friend did mine for me and it improves the bag a ton.

Yes, do this for sure. I plasti-dipped mine and it exponentially improved the durability of the bag. Doing so probably voids the warranty though. I've gotten great customer service from them whenever a strap or something broke, just sent me a brand new bag.

I love the Crunch (with quad straps, I hate shoulder straps) but I hated my Tournament bag. It was just too flimsy for a bag of that size and the amount of discs needed to give it some rigidity just made it really heavy. The elastic in the putter pocket drove me crazy too.

I stuff like 17-18 discs in my Crunch box so it doesn't have to be a "small" bag per se. ;)

Brother Dave, I will be heading up to N.C. in October if you want me to take that Fade Tourney bag off your hands :D

Latest posts