• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] FAF Star Teebird? Or maybe Eagle?

You are looking for a 175g 11x Eagle X mold.

Board flat, they turn but fade hard. They all fly the same and all are beefy. Although I just had one crack in 45 degree weather.

Right now I have like 4 or so X-Outs that I am pretty sure are late 11x or 12x PFN and I don't think they'll crack. Faf, gummy, but not as brittle. They are far, far more overstable than my true 11x's.

If you throw a faf, flat, it goes laser straight then dump fades. Also, I think Eagles feel similar to firebirds, but teebirds are a whole different animal. In my opinion Teebirds are far less forgiving and predictable, especially for windy days.

Once you get used to eagles you'll find it replacing mids. They can do so many different lines depending on the angle of release. I love anny flexs thrown lightly on for weird 250-330ft approaches/holes. I only have a 10 disc bag and 2-3 of my discs are beat in eagles in various stages.

Whippets are amazing, but they have far different uses, and I have never seen, nor want to see, a faf whippet. The dome makes it amazing for trick shots, rollers, skips, and other goofy as hell things.

I have seen 1 micro dome DX Whippet in the 2000's. It was so beefy that the uncle or cousin threw it into a headwind gust of 25-30 mph and the disc never turned to the right ever and even in that wind the disc was almost useless for a player like trying to use a FAF Sidewinder. He had to find a normal Whippet to use for play in DX or Pro at the time and get rid of the mini dome DX Whippet.

What I'm looking for is something that I can throw a "normal, full throw" and get about 260'-280' without having to worry about turning it over in wind or on my sloppier days. A normal full throw with a normal Firebird would go past that sometimes. A normal full throw with a Justice doesn't consistently get there. A Resistor is probably the answer. But I was just hoping maybe there are Star Teebirds, Eagles, or Teebird3's out there that might be freakishly FAF/overstable like the freakishly FAF Firebird I have.

I'd say Eagle isn't the answer. I bag FAF FB:s and lot of different Eagles (CE, eleven & twelve times, special glow champ). With normal full throw Eagles are longer and strighter than FAF FB:s. FAF FB is 80-85m disc for me, Eagles are 95-110m discs.

I'd say, try star Caiman. Almost like driver, faf and very trustworthy.

TeeBird 3 is about the disc he needs, will be less glide by a hair then TeeBird but is like a slower FireBird. Though in wind the Firebird disc is not quite as predictable as a TeeBird but maybe the flat top will work better in the wind?

maybe i'm alone on this one, but i love powering down an eagle and treating it as an approach/mid disc even around 250-270ft. full power an eagle will definitely get 320-380, super versatile disc. Even if its not exactly what you are looking for, you will find a ton of uses for an eagle. Its also useful for all levels of player, from barsby down to a first time player