• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Fairway Driver That Can Handle Power?

Thunderbird. More OS then a teebird but not firebid OS. Straight with reliable fade and good controllable distance. I love mine for shot shaping too. Carry two at 170 (Champ and Gstar).

Last edited:
The Thunderbird is a speed 9, I would consider it more of a control driver than a fairway driver. Also, my Champion TeeBirds are all more overstable than my Champion Thunderbird.

Teebird, Eagle, Banshee

They are the standard for this class.

Ig you want a beefy fairway that can handle any amount of power and not turn over get a Brinster Teebird. You can blast those as hard as you want and they will always fade

I know it's classified as speed 10 but the discmania PD sounds exactly like what your looking for. You can get it in 160's gram weights.

If you have 400ft power then you'll be able to bomb these when needed, but more importantly the PD can handle powered down shots so well. It has a firebird bottom so you also can execute firebird like shots such as s curves, play huge skips, hyzer bombs and throw confidently in strong winds.

Plus you can get a c-line for overstable and p-line for hyzer flips.

I also 2nd trying a Brinster teebird because with your power it seems like a natural fit even if they are max weight. Maybe get a star teebird in your preferred weight in the 160g range then pair it with a Brinster bird for OS duties. You can always call in or email the innova factory store to request a lighter Brinster bird they have 173g and have been known to produce as low as 171g

An Eagle kicked my Volt out of the bag. Threw the Volt a long time and I really loved that disc. I feel like I'm cheating on it.

Slightly off topic but since it's been mentioned several times in this thread, people are always saying teebirds are great but if you want to shape shots, eagle. Are you just talking about various types of s-shots?

Something straight that won't flip.

If you just want straight no flip, not worried about big fade, get a Crave.

The Volt is the beefier brother, if you do want the fade, get a Volt.

If you have something against overmolds, look at the Stalker for dead straight, the Teebird for a little more fade.