• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fat Guy Tripod Stools

No, they can shrink your balls but not your pecker, that's an uninformed myth.

I'm sorry, I meant the overall freakish bulging muscle look, not the schwanstucker.

(Side note: Auto spell correct wants to change schwanstucker to Schwarzenegger.)

big jerm uses a 4 legged one that folds up like a directors chair. he's a big dude so it must be pretty sturdy

My brother is a pretty heavy guy (5'9" 350lbs) and uses a Bravo heavy duty quad chair. His wife used naval thread to attach a strap onto it and he has a velcro CableSaver around the legs. He just slings it over his shoulder along with his bag when he plays. It's more to carry, yes, and it won't fit in any DG bag, but it's a very sturdy, comfortable chair that he can use if he gets fatigued or there's a big backup.

Bravo Quad Chair

big jerm uses a 4 legged one that folds up like a directors chair. he's a big dude so it must be pretty sturdy

I'm also a big fan of that style of chair, but it can be a pain to carry. I've thought about trying to rig something up to attach it to my bag, but usually just end up with a tripod style stool for ease of transport.

Walk stool. I think I had a 65cm version. Get the ones that are listed at $65-75 and up. Those have the larger seat and thicker legs. They hold well into the 400-500 lb range. Most comfortable stool I've ever used.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Walk stool. I think I had a 65cm version. Get the ones that are listed at $65-75 and up. Those have the larger seat and thicker legs. They hold well into the 400-500 lb range. Most comfortable stool I've ever used.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

This is what was suggested a few times (including by you) in this thread:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117941&highlight=stool

OP, the search feature really is pretty cool, and can be very helpful. :thmbup:

Good luck with whatever stool you purchase. (Yea, that DOES sound really weird)

Big guy here.. Call me fat and ill snap ur skinny frame like a limb :) 6'4 250-265. With that said my fat ass uses a walkstool only on tourney days. I think mine is a 26" and I recomend the hieght for tall guys. Ez on the knees not a huge squat to sit down. Just dont think ur cool by using tennis balls to help with certain floors. It slips and causes alot of pressure on the middle 3 way pin. Yea chuck it up fellas I broke through a 400lb rated stool on a gym floor during a putting leauge. Ez fix but golfer beware.

I have just begun to branch out into the world of tournament disc golf. I finally have an appreciation for how hard it can be to stand and walk 36 holes of disc, and want a stool

Problem: I'm 6'1 and 300LBS. most stools seem to be rated at up to 225 or 250. I have seen some at 275 but with few reviews. are there any other bigger guys (or gals) out there who have had success with a stool holding up to the weight?

you will be just fine with one of the regular aluminum tripod stool that most everybody carries around with them. one thing to keep in mind is that weight ratings are ALWAYS set way lower than the "actual" weight limit of the item. they do it so that the items never actually get even close to having the real load limit approached of the item by the consumer. those little tripod stools can very easily hold 350-400 pounds so you don't have to even worry about them holding your weight.

Latest posts