• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big guy - stool information

pickupman92

Bogey Member
So I'm a bigger guy, about 290lbs and I am in the process of researching stools. I know DD has some nice cheap ones, but a lot of those top out at max at around 230-250.

I've found Camp Specialties and they have a "Jumbo Stool" that has a max weight of 300lbs. (it has 4 legs instead of 3). http://www.campspecialties.com/roll-a-stool.htm#jumbo_stool

Now there is also a "Roll-A-Chair" that has the same 4 legs, but also has a back. http://www.campspecialties.com/roll-a-chair.htm#standard_chair

I decided to email Dave and see what the difference was. I figured I'd share my information in case any other bigger guys out there are looking and wondering.

Hi Q:

Good question.....the answer is that because the user can lean back on the "chair back" that rear leg winds up with a lot more force on it than the front legs.

On the Jumbo Stool, there is no back support so the weight is more evenly spread out and a 300 lb user is not a problem for it. The Chair's seat and 4 legs are identical to the Jumbo stool.

The chair has those back straps that support the back rest and the straps are separated by about 19" near the seat. If your hips are wider than about 20", I would recommend the Jumbo Stool.

Thank you.

Dave Cook

Anyone else bought the jumbo stool? and how do you like it? pretty lightweight?

I haven't used the jumbo stool so I can't speak to it specifically, but I go about 310lbs and I've been using the same standard Camptime Roll-A-Stool for at least 5 years with no issues. Mine is a HukLab version, but without looking I'm guessing the DD version is the same stool with their branding (or at least very similar).

I had the 3 leg camp time stool and it broke on me, one of the legs bent where the hole and screw meet...I'm 6'1" 245, got the Jumbo and am very satisfied, the seat is larger, more comfortable, and definitely feels more sturdy than the 3 leg I had, and feels light to tote around as well...

Never pulled the trigger on one, but the Walkstool Comfort is rated into the 400 lb range +. They are a bit pricey.

Definitely the WalkStool is the best bet on the market. They hold more weight, have a larger seat, and you can get them in taller versions than the camptime stools.

I know a lot of guys at a couple local leagues love this style;

(click for more details)

It's rated for 250, but I know a lot of locals are pushing and over 300 that use them. They're not quite as easy as a tri-fold, but they're more comfortable and sturdy.

Reniger, that stool is only 9.5' high... I'd have a hell of a time getting up from that lol. I appreciate the info and will look more into those styles, but right now the front runner is the walkstool. I like how it is taller than the camp specialties jumbo stool. I really appreciate all the help from everyone here, I didn't expect so many replies.

This one looks kinda interesting, The Intrepid International Stick Chair. It's collapsible, rated for 300#, 1.5lbs, extends to 31", collapses to 14" for storage. Not a true seat, more of a leaning seat, but looks kinda interesting for a quick and dirty rest between holes for a guy in my situation...

shopping

I have a WalkStool Comfort 65cm and its unreal how much better it is than the other stuff. My only issue, I got one that is actually too tall for me and Im 6'5! I'll break down and sell the 65cm this winter for a 55cm.

Latest posts