• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Fill my hole

What was it about Thunderbirds that you didn't like? If thought they were maybe a bit too stable try out a Pro Thunderbird. They are amazing flyers and a bit less stable than a star or champ. They will also develop some turn once beat in. Oh and they bomb

What was it about Thunderbirds that you didn't like?

Not sure exactly what it was but I struggled getting it out of my hand clean. Bad angles, early releases, late releases, etc.

Weird thing is the PD has a similar feel in my hand and I don't have those weird release issues.

The only Thunderbirds I've thrown were champion and metal flake champion and my PD's are all S-line (star) so maybe that made a difference. I've never been a fan of the feel of champion plastic.

Grip definitely better in Star/S-line than champ/C-line.

If hand feel is a big deal, the CD2 has the same top mold piece as the PD (Discmania's "anhyzer" top).

Not sure exactly what it was but I struggled getting it out of my hand clean. Bad angles, early releases, late releases, etc.

Weird thing is the PD has a similar feel in my hand and I don't have those weird release issues.

The only Thunderbirds I've thrown were champion and metal flake champion and my PD's are all S-line (star) so maybe that made a difference. I've never been a fan of the feel of champion plastic.

Yea I mean Thunderbirds are probably my favorite mold. I love how they feel and come out of the hand for both backhand and forehand. With that being said Champ can be pretty stable and metal flake might as well be a slightly beat in firebird. I'd say its worth a revisit trying out a Star and Pro. Don't sleep o the pro for a stable workable bomber.

Yea I mean Thunderbirds are probably my favorite mold. I love how they feel and come out of the hand for both backhand and forehand. With that being said Champ can be pretty stable and metal flake might as well be a slightly beat in firebird. I'd say its worth a revisit trying out a Star and Pro. Don't sleep o the pro for a stable workable bomber.

Everyone needs to try a Pro Thunderbird. They glide so far and straight, it's really amazing.

Why the wolf? Innova has many animals that could fill your hole nicely. Cheetahs, gazelles, pigs, rhinos, etc.

(Weird... I didn't realize how many Innova discs are named after animals. They have a full blown zoo.)

Or if a guy liked Westside he could just stuff an Anvil in his hole.

Just saying.

(Heading to the practice field shortly. Have to plug something into my hole before tags tonight.)

I'm in a similar situation.

I'm thinking the Thunderbird, star TL, or Avery teebird should work.

Like you said it's a stability thing, and I'd rather go slower speed but a bit more over stable for control vs high speed but kinda flippy.

For me, this hole needs to be for long hyzers or long approaches

In my mind, something in the 9 or 10 speed rim size that will handle winds well but won't be a meat hook on a clam day would be ideal.

Plasma Volt is the least affected by wind, overall, of any disc I have ever thrown. Headwind, tailwind, crosswind, doesn't matter.

I'm not a huge fan of the MVP/Axiom discs although I do bag a couple of Envy's.

I'll research the Wrath. Thanks.

Check out the Streamline Lift too. Numbers say -2 turn but they are -1 for sure. Matt Dollar has a vid of him throwing them. Its like a glidey Vulture with less fade.

Plasma Volts and s-line CD2's are very similar to my experience.

Last edited:
Rule #34.

If you are underage, or easily offended, do not look that up.

Not gonna. I remember when the internet was young (right after I briefly believed for the first and last time i had won in a lottery abroad that i didnt know i had entered), looking up what tubgirl meant. Lets just say the search engine (yes there were others too!) trigger finger got not so itchy.

For now I shoved a couple of CD2's and PD's in there. (Also put a Zone and an MD4 in the bag but that's unrelated to the gap I was trying to fill.)

d216c64f08f663bf700f379c5f1dec11.jpg

The PD and the OLF have the same bottom (Firebird).

Seriously you will love them.

Latest posts