• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] First run ascent

bwiese

Eagle Member
Has any one received a first run ascent? Today is the release date. I was just curious on how every one liked them and if they fly like the teagle every one had spoken about.

I want to try one out, but dont want to drop 20 bones on a first run. I will probably wait to get a regular run sense sometimes the different runs have slite differences. Just curious if the 1st runs flew like all the tester said they were flying.

I wanna know also, anything like a teebird and eagle is great in my book, and I love my ridge. Can't wait to nab one

i heard it was a more stable teebird with more turn, im going to wait for the non first run to try it though.

first runs won't be an issue. Vibram goes through a rather exhaustive testing process and they don't seem like they want to get in a habit of having run to run differences. That is kind of why they do small runs and have a more continual flow of product than creating them en mass and stockpiling. With Vibram I wouldn't worry about run to run issues because they don't have to deal with all the weird plastic over run, weighing agents, and plastic batches. They just run the same rubber they've always had.

BTW the protos and first runs are ALMOST exactly the same. The only difference from protos to production is they added a little bit of structural material to the rim. Didn't effect the flight. And yes, Blake on DGR calles them Teeagles (Lss/fade of a teebird and the turn/HSS of an eagle). Pretty solid.

xJFK has two of the protos. he's been swearing by them lately.

this is true, i've fallen in love. i haven't fallen this hard since my first toss with a gazelle.

mine are dead straight and fade just a little at the end. i love this thing.

some people think it's not versatile enough, but it can all the throws i want it to. it'll hold just about all the lines you want it to. mine seem to resist holding onto the anhyzer throw, it wants to go flatten out straight, but it'll hold hyzer perfectly.

give them just a little time to annie, and try throwing more power into it, not more annie angle. My friends and I have gotten them to hold some of the most beautiful 350+annies I've ever seen. Smooth as butter.

They have some flight numbers up there as well.

speed 10
glide 4
turn-1
fade 2

Latest posts