• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Flies like a Teebird, but fights wind a bit better

Champ Glow Teebird is more stable than regular champ, but I don't like to carry so many discs, so I usually just put more hyzer on it, and then if that's not enough, step up to an FL. Remember, if you are throwing downhill, gravity is going to help you overpower the disc, so you need something a little more stable or faster even with no wind. Uphill is the opposite.

FL

I'm glad you recommended the FL, because I also think that will be a good choice. I've only thrown my 165g star FL a few times, but it seems to handle wind well and follows your line all the way through. Based on the statistics, it has less glide than the teebird and is a bit faster, so this might go well in the wind/downhill.

Champ Glow Teebird is more stable than regular champ, but I don't like to carry so many discs, so I usually just put more hyzer on it, and then if that's not enough, step up to an FL. Remember, if you are throwing downhill, gravity is going to help you overpower the disc, so you need something a little more stable or faster even with no wind. Uphill is the opposite.

Predators will give you the flight you want. They will start out considerably more overstable and will eventually lose their LSS faster than their HSS. Over time they develop some high speed turn, similar to a Teebird. ESPs break in a lot faster than Z.

mmmm Love Teebirds and Preds.

beat up pred

how beat in is your pred? and what weight is it?
I'm not sure I'll like the grip of it, based on what I've read, but I'll have to hold one to see.
At this point, I can turn my max weight champ teebird if I want to, but I know just the amount to put on it to keep it going straight.
I'm looking for that, but with more wind resistance to still get distance.

How about a beat up predator. That's the exact spot it fills in my bag

Brinster Teebird vs Avery Star Teebird, both max weight, which one fights wind better?
Eagle X seems interesting, but doesn't it have more turn than a teebird?
Banshee, I will give it a shot, but these have super hard fades at the end. I have a 172 champ that's pretty beefy.

how beat in is your pred? and what weight is it?
I'm not sure I'll like the grip of it, based on what I've read, but I'll have to hold one to see.
At this point, I can turn my max weight champ teebird if I want to, but I know just the amount to put on it to keep it going straight.
I'm looking for that, but with more wind resistance to still get distance.

I carry a new one and one that is probably 6-7/10

It is a little more stable than an 11x teebird. Holds straight in the wind with predictable fade at the end. Go on the marketplace and buy 1 or 2 old ones. They're everywhere and people seem to think they aren't good when they aren't some beefy driver. Honestly it's my favorite disc in my bag.

weight?

what are the weights on both your preds?

I carry a new one and one that is probably 6-7/10

It is a little more stable than an 11x teebird. Holds straight in the wind with predictable fade at the end. Go on the marketplace and buy 1 or 2 old ones. They're everywhere and people seem to think they aren't good when they aren't some beefy driver. Honestly it's my favorite disc in my bag.

Brinster Teebird vs Avery Star Teebird, both max weight, which one fights wind better?
Eagle X seems interesting, but doesn't it have more turn than a teebird?
Banshee, I will give it a shot, but these have super hard fades at the end. I have a 172 champ that's pretty beefy.

Not SEX's or 11x X's or KC Pro X's or Circle Stamp X's. Find a stiff and or flat 12x Eagle and it'll be exactly what you're looking for.

nice

now that's narrowing it down! thanks, will be interested in this for the future.

Not SEX's or 11x X's or KC Pro X's or Circle Stamp X's. Find a stiff and or flat 12x Eagle and it'll be exactly what you're looking for.