• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I carry 5 Teebirds in different plastics. Star, AJ Star,Starlite, GStar, and Champion. The AJ Star (like the cream colored one above) are like sex in your hand. (No pun intended...)

What run is that cream colored? My early AJs (first run?). Are rock hard and don't feel that great.

I bought myself a 172 JL Teebird today to replace my beat 157g that I can hyzer flip to turn. I haven't been able to throw it yet, as it's dark and raining outside. Looking at the profile it looks super beefy tho ... hopefully it's not another Spark. Not that the Spark sucks, but it's not a workhorse disc for me. I'm hoping that this Teebird will be, at least eventually. The left one is old, right one is new.

PLH
Dome

How do you think this disc will compare to my old one, will it be a complete beefcake?

I bought myself a 172 JL Teebird today to replace my beat 157g that I can hyzer flip to turn. I haven't been able to throw it yet, as it's dark and raining outside. Looking at the profile it looks super beefy tho ... hopefully it's not another Spark. Not that the Spark sucks, but it's not a workhorse disc for me. I'm hoping that this Teebird will be, at least eventually. The left one is old, right one is new.

PLH
Dome

How do you think this disc will compare to my old one, will it be a complete beefcake?

Oh yeah that'll be a beefy Teeb. Work it in nicely and you'll rely on it for years to come!

I just got 3, 175 E* Teebirds that I am pretty excited for. I have been throwing FDs for a while, which are great, but I have been wanting to audition some Teebirds that are on the less stable end for similar shots. All of my champ Teebirds are extremely OS compared to these E*s. They feel great, and already are glide monsters while still having really nice HSS.

...175 E* Teebirds that I am pretty excited for...E*s. They feel great, and already are glide monsters while still having really nice HSS.
These are my favorite TeeBirds out right now. Tons of glide while still have a reliable fade. Very tasty.

PLH
Dome

As best I can tell from the picture, I have a champ 171g that I believe to be twins with your new Teebird. It's super high PLH and the side edge/bottom angles outwards a bit like that.

When it was completely fresh it was very OS, if it had any hyzer angle it would hold and drift left early. It had more in common with my well used but still OS champ Firebird than my very mellow star Teebird. It was too much when fresh. Instead of waiting years like people say, I took off the flashing on the bottom with sandpaper and did some flick practice into trees/wood piles and even put a towel down on concrete and flicked it into that over and over. Also make sure you really ding up the underside of the disc, get some little nicks along the bottom. Then sand it a little bit to work off the dings so it's nice and comfy to hold again. Now it's a perfect stable Teebird with a good finish (it was within the first week I had it perfect and it should hold this stability for a long time). It will never turn at all on a full power throw, but if it has a tiny hyzer angle it will power forward and then fade at the end, rather than hyzering the whole way like when it was fresh.

It'll be a great disc if you beat on it initially like I recommend, but it will not be a distance Teebird unless you have 450'+ power with drivers I would guess. If you want a more mellow Teebird to complement this one then perhaps look into Gstar Teebirds as those can be longer and have more glide/later fade. But that champ Teebird is a fantastic disc that ranges well with its guaranteed (but not large) fade, and completely solid 0 HSS. Don't be discouraged if it's too OS when fresh.

These are my favorite TeeBirds out right now. Tons of glide while still have a reliable fade. Very tasty.

Glad to hear this! I'm glad I got them.

Chambersburg, eh? Where do you play normally? I'm up in Harrisburg and play Creekside, Coyote Hills, and Pinchot quite a bit.

Glad to hear this! I'm glad I got them.

Chambersburg, eh? Where do you play normally? I'm up in Harrisburg and play Creekside, Coyote Hills, and Pinchot quite a bit.

Lescalleet here, so pretty much Falls/Ditto/Wilson. Pretty sure we've bumped minis at Coyote a time or two.
Unfortunately with work and a couple little ones I don't get up your way near as much as I used to, or would like to.

I threw my fresh Teebird today for the first time, it was definitely extra beefy. But it wasn't a complete hog, it didn't fly as OS as the Spark, not even has OS as the DX Thunderbird. It was pretty close to the Thunderbird tho. Distance was shorter than with my beat Teebird for sure. It will be interesting to see how it'll fly once I knock the "new" out of it. There's a small strip of flash that goes all the way around the bottom of the rim, perhaps I'll sand it away. Gonna go throw her tomorrow to see how she fares in heavy wind, they have forecast winds up to 30+ mph. It will probably be too much, even for a beefy Teebird, we'll see

Rip brinster birds

Looks like Steve is moving on to a diff tour disc. No idea if innova will keep making them.

I know these aren't that different than some production run birds but the first runs are some of my all time fave teebird said.

Rip brinster birds

Looks like Steve is moving on to a diff tour disc. No idea if innova will keep making them.

I know these aren't that different than some production run birds but the first runs are some of my all time fave teebird said.

WUT??? Do you have a link to this info or anything?

:(

Thank god the RDG tyrant will be out this year

It was on Facebook a couple of weeks ago but I didn't tell you guys so I could order a few more.

Or I was lazy and forgot.

When I first saw it they only had clears left but then added more stock. There are some yellows and blues but the red is gone.

I can't figure out how many of these I need. I love them but they seem almost indestructible.

I feel the same way. I have stocked up every year and have not lost one yet or even seen any change in flight. They are my favorite TB.

It is a sad day if these are gone, but it does make me want a RDG Tyrant even more.

I feel the same way. I have stocked up every year and have not lost one yet or even seen any change in flight. They are my favorite TB.

It is a sad day if these are gone, but it does make me want a RDG Tyrant even more.

How many have you got? I need to reassess my pike in these dire times.

I know. The difference isn't huge but those first runs are made out of titanium. Brinster said are super stiff too.

How many have you got? I need to reassess my pike in these dire times.

*pile

My pike is fine

I have picked up 5 each year. Pink 1st runs, red 2nd, and blue 3rds.

It stands to reason that the AJ Tour Series Swirls will not be offered this year, as AJ has the stock stamp. Despite a lot looking like mud they were great fliers. 2 very good versions of the TB might be gone.

I think you can cover the Brinster 'bird shot with a good beefy 12x. I probably would not care if I had not gotten into them when they first came out.

Yup, me too. I've got a small stash of both. I really like the pink first runs. Did you go max weight? Some of the 170 first runs are nice.

Latest posts