• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ford (autos) disc dye ideas?

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I want to do something nice for my bosses, they are brothers and staunchly raised in a Ford household (their recently deceased father was a Ford lifer). I thought I'd commission a talented artist off of here to dye a couple of Ford themed discs. But I want to do something a little bigger than just a Ford logo or something.

They're bros but they couldn't be any more different in personality so I'd like the dyes to be unique to them as well. One has a 64-65 light blue (and rusty) Mustang (also an avid St. Louis Cardinals fan) and the other has a 60 something Galaxie, red, (Yankees fan) if that helps. Neither one has ever disc golfed so this will be their first discs. They're avid ball golfers but I've got them pretty interested in DG so we're looking at a possible conversion here. :D

Any ideas?

My first thought was a Thunderbird logo on a Thunderbird (teebird) but then I re-read it... and now I don't know.

But if I remember correctly, hurricane7 is a motor sports enthusiast, and I believe BennettUA is as well. They both do excellent work.

Have you seen the Chapparal dye hurricane7 did? Talk about awesome! Here it is:
image_zpseafa4f05.jpg

Could maybe do something with a Ford GT in Gulf racing colors? I'm just brainstorming....

For the Mustang fan, you could do the Shelby GT350 or GT500 side stripes, taillights, or rear gas cap. That pic is way too large to post here.

For the Galaxie fan, how about a Ford Racing stamped valve cover?
397-M-6582-A301R.jpg

Possibly part of the grille and a set of headlights from a Galaxie?
1210373-ford-galaxie.jpg

Last edited:
I thought about BennettUA, he's a fairly local guy and a terrific dyer, no doubt.

Good ideas, keep them coming. I figured I'd have these dyed on putters to reduce the possibility of losing them.

For the one that owns the mustang, I'd think a boss dyed with a 302 Boss 'Stang could be a could choice

^hard to knock that idea, unless you intend for them to throw them, in which case... newb + Boss = bad combo.

Possibly part of the grille and a set of headlights from a Galaxie?
1210373-ford-galaxie.jpg
why just the grille and headlights? Why not the entire car? Will all the detail in the body contours end up being lost and looking like crap?

Last edited:
^hard to knock that idea, unless you intend for them to throw them, in which case... newb + Boss = bad combo.

why just the grille and headlights? Why not the entire car? Will all the detail in the body contours end up being lost and looking like crap?

My thinking is that a true aficionado will see that small detail and know what it is. I imagine you could do the whole car and have it retain most of its detail though.