• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forehand control

There should also be a distinction between "Controlled" and "Precision" drivers

while my FH drives may be controlled - they are by no means very precise. There is a very slim chance of me hitting a 10 foot gap from 200 feet with a fh toss. While there is a good chance i can land within 50 feet of the pin on a fairly open 300 foot hole

I'm much much much more likely to hit that 10 foot gap with a forehand than any backhand throw. So my RHFH is both more precise and more controlled than my backhand.

I think it depends how you throw when you start playing. I threw sidearm exclusively for at least a year or so, so I feel like my aim with that is superb, while if I'm backhanding a drive I have trouble trying to sneak it through a narrow opening and such.

Yea I threw sidearm exclusively as well.. coming from a baseball background it seemed more natural too me.

i had a baseball background and a messed up shoulder which forced me to throw sidearm a bunch - knew nothing about disc flights etc -my backhands sucked because i knew nothing about how to throw a disc. Could throw the hell out of the Beast i had FH but the very next throw it would turnover and die was very frustrating. Once i found out about how very overstable discs were great for FH's i started getting much more distance and a lot more control.