• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form critique please

one thing i'm noticing is that you seem to be losing balance and falling forward. don't try to power the disc out there, smooth is far... once you get your form right then you can start trying to rip it. also i'm not sure if this has been mentioned but on the last video your first step is really long, you don't really need to take that big of a step like that.

That first step is way too long now that you mention it. I'll work on shortening that way up too. Sounds like the areas I need to focus on are pull-through, footwork, and timing of the hip/shoulder turn. Other than that my drive is PERFECT. LOL.

slow your foot work down. reach futherback.

Yep, I am definitely needing work on my footwork and reachback. I'm not very flexible so it's been tough but whenever I get a spare moment around the house I'm practicing a farther reach back.

Looks like your shoulders are turning before your hips, when your hips should turn before your shoulders. Check out this world champ who throws over 500 feet. See how her hips are turned first? Also, check your offhand position. You have it tucked up high. It should be down and pulled in tight to your side.

18617_524299760914740_1784477953_n.jpg

Thanks JenB! I've been working this past week on trying to get my hips to rotate before my shoulders since that has been mentioned. It's been tough for me though since I had been doing it incorrectly all those years and it feels weird trying to rotate differently. I'm working on it though and I'm confident I'll get it figured out eventually. Thanks also for pointing out my offhand position. I've always wondered what the heck to do with that other hand during my runup. That picture of Paige is good too, it almost looks like she's smiling at the person taking the picture.

Latest posts