• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form Critique

crushboi

Hello, I was wondering if I could get some help from the people who throw farther to get my distance up there too. The first video I threw a glitch at about 50% power and the second I threw a dd3 90% power and I throw around 420ish consistently with my drivers 360 with my hexes and md1 then 330 with my putters. And sorry for the glitch videos angle.

Attachments

• IMG_2292.mov
    28.7 MB
  • RPReplay_Final1693414087.mov
    22 MB
Hello, I was wondering if I could get some help from the people who throw farther to get my distance up there too. The first video I threw a glitch at about 50% power and the second I threw a dd3 90% power and I throw around 420ish consistently with my drivers 360 with my hexes and md1 then 330 with my putters. And sorry for the glitch videos angle.
Welcome!

I'd upload to YouTube if you can. You will get good advice from Sidewinder and some others here.

Actually, I'll get you started. You look on the younger side so I am keeping that in mind in how I guide you.

It is good that you are leading with the butt, but I think overall you need to get everything more neutral and natural more like walking. You've got some funk in the legs and footwork that is blocking you from moving smooth and natural like Simon.

Stand up/walk forward naturally. Do your toes point straight forward, more out to the walls, or more in toward each other? You actually want your feet to naturally walk/run/hop that way in an X-step - just more "sideways"!

1. You look like you're kind of focused on "squeezing in the knees" in the beginning. Don't do that - just a natural walk!

2. In the X-step, get your rear foot more pointed toward the camera rather than directly away from the target. You should be coming more "sideways" off of it than you are there.

1694787963855.png

Walking down the stairs with this drill can be helpful:

Watch Simon walking more "sideways:"

Actually, I'll get you started. You look on the younger side so I am keeping that in mind in how I guide you.

It is good that you are leading with the butt, but I think overall you need to get everything more neutral and natural more like walking. You've got some funk in the legs and footwork that is blocking you from moving smooth and natural like Simon.

Stand up/walk forward naturally. Do your toes point straight forward, more out to the walls, or more in toward each other? You actually want your feet to naturally walk/run/hop that way in an X-step - just more "sideways"!

1. You look like you're kind of focused on "squeezing in the knees" in the beginning. Don't do that - just a natural walk!

2. In the X-step, get your rear foot more pointed toward the camera rather than directly away from the target. You should be coming more "sideways" off of it than you are there.

View attachment 318399

So the squeezing the knees was just cause I was trying something new, I will get a new video up.

So the squeezing the knees was just cause I was trying something new, I will get a new video up.
Sounds good, experimenting is important too. Sometimes discovering and getting rid of certain habits is just as valuable in the long run.

View attachment 318399

Sounds good, experimenting is important too. Sometimes discovering and getting rid of certain habits is just as valuable in the long run.
Thank you!

Your Glitch throw appears to look a lot better than this side view one.

1. Note how Eagle's elbows never go behind his back/posterior, and are more in front of him/anterior like hugging the disc or hugging somebody.

2. Note how Eagle's rear foot is angled more like 135 away from target (yours is closer 180 away) and is driving/leveraging his center of mass forward ahead of his rear foot and lead elbow to load the catapult/bow arrow.
Screen Shot 2023-09-15 at 10.40.35 PM.png

Latest posts