• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

France's Disc Golf Courses Updated!

ElementZ

Double Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Hi guys, just wanted to gloat again.

I just spend a few hours updating the course directory for France, bringing the total courses up from 7ish to 23. Hopefully this will make finding disc golf courses in France easier for everyone!

French DGCs

Because of this, I became the first non-timg member to get a silver medal for course discoverer! Woo! Best way to procrastinate studying ever! :hfive:

Nice! It's great to have people willing to take the time to make the directory as comprehensive and accurate as possible. :thmbup:

Sweet work! Wish I lived in Western Europe with so many countries a few hours train ride away:)

No worries. Do you know why the map browsing functionality doesn't seem to work in Europe? Is that my browser or is it a site issue?

Thanks, ElementZ. All your dedication and effort are making me want to get over to Europe and tour the courses there.

No worries. Do you know why the map browsing functionality doesn't seem to work in Europe? Is that my browser or is it a site issue?

Map works fine for me in safari and firefox in Europe, what issue are you having?

Works fine for me. ElementZ's great work is very visible (see attached). Taken in Chrome (under Xubuntu 10.04).

Attachments

• browsemap.jpg
    browsemap.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
When I click on the map, no map comes up. It just has the list. I'm using chrome. I'll check and see if firefox or ie work better.

Map browsing works for both Safari and Firefox for me too. You may need to message timg if you're having issues and let him know.

As for your Nancy trip, this is the closest course which is about 30 miles away.

As for everyone else, thanks a lot for the kind words. It's the support and knowing that I'm helping people that keeps me going. :thmbup:

I was able to get it to work using map browsing. I just scrolled right across the Atlantic.

In the past, I've been able to click on the map on the left side of the course page and have it come up with the map browsing screen. That doesn't seem to be working with the European courses for me but since the other works fine, it isn't a big deal.

Has anyone played the course in Créhange? It's only 6 holes. There aren't any reviews or pictures. Is it worth the trip / bringing my discs on the plane?

Has anyone played the course in Créhange? It's only 6 holes. There aren't any reviews or pictures. Is it worth the trip / bringing my discs on the plane?

If it were me, I would go just to be the first reviewer and to upload pictures, but I know that not many others are like that. :)

It would also be my first international course (and if I where to review it, my first review period). I think I'm sold. Hopefully transportation isn't too much of a problem. Do you know the region? I've never been there before.

It would also be my first international course (and if I where to review it, my first review period). I think I'm sold. Hopefully transportation isn't too much of a problem. Do you know the region? I've never been there before.

No, I've never been to France. My first time will be in a few weeks when I go to Paris. :)

I was able to get it to work using map browsing. I just scrolled right across the Atlantic.

In the past, I've been able to click on the map on the left side of the course page and have it come up with the map browsing screen. That doesn't seem to be working with the European courses for me but since the other works fine, it isn't a big deal.

That's because the nearby courses map works based on zip code I believe, so it doesn't work for international places. Like you figured out, going to the actual map browser link works everywhere.

No, I've never been to France. My first time will be in a few weeks when I go to Paris. :)

Visit the Musee D'Orsay. I hear it's better than the Louvre, and probably less crowded. It was one of the highlights of my trip to Paris. :thmbup:

Definitely check out the Notre Dame cathedral. Being from Europe, you may not find massive gothic cathedrals as impressive as we Americans do, but Notre Dame is a good one. :thmbup:

Avoid Pompiduo Center. Believe me, there is NOTHING to do at Pompidou, and the building itself is old, dirty, and faded. :thmbdown:

Also, I found Montmartre rather dull as well. :|

Latest posts