• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FREE VINYL!!!!

Just put in my order this morning ....
got a call within 3 hours ...
the ladie was extra nice ..
i didnt have to make up any stories ...
just told her that i did dyes for my local club .
said that i used contact paper
and would like to try out the Vinyal because i heard that it works alot better and would like to sample it be4 i spent money on it... seeing that it cost so mutch more ..
she asked me what sizes and styles i wanted .. small samples or large rolls ... i of course requested the large rolls .... she told me it should work out great and that i would like it ....
.....flirted a lil bit of course ..as i always do :p sweetheart this and doll that ... Lol
alltogether a plesent experence and i cant wait to get my free roll ..

Got some free vinyl & transfer tape on the way! Yesterday i put in the info for the vinyl & in about 1&1/2 hours got a call. A nice lady (can't remember name) asked me a couple questions. (1)what will i use it for? Told her dyeing disc's to sell, & that i was going to buy a plotter. (2)have i ever used 3M? Very pleasant no objections conversation! She said i should receive it in about a week, & asked if i wanted a (told her yes) catalog. After putting the info for the vinyl i went to the tape site, filled in some info & today got an email asking what size & another for shipping info. Both VERY super easy! Free vinyl is good vinyl! Highly recommend to anyone wanting to try dyeing some disc's! "The experience doing a good job may come later"!

Got some free vinyl & transfer tape on the way! Yesterday i put in the info for the vinyl & in about 1&1/2 hours got a call. A nice lady (can't remember name) asked me a couple questions. (1)what will i use it for? Told her dyeing disc's to sell, & that i was going to buy a plotter. (2)have i ever used 3M? Very pleasant no objections conversation! She said i should receive it in about a week, & asked if i wanted a (told her yes) catalog. After putting the info for the vinyl i went to the tape site, filled in some info & today got an email asking what size & another for shipping info. Both VERY super easy! Free vinyl is good vinyl! Highly recommend to anyone wanting to try dyeing some disc's! "The experience doing a good job may come later"!

got the link for the tape?

my roll of Vinyl just showed up ...
6 days after ordering it .. :)
time to test this stuff out ..

has anyone gotten the call back from them ?
after i talked to the ladie she said that they will be doing a follow up ..
giving me a call to see how i liked it and if i wanted to place another order ..
was wondering more details ...
ima invest in a ploter...
she told me they can send as many single sheets as i want ...
i think when they do the follow up ima order 2 of every vinyl they offer to see witch works best with my plotter ..

BTW, I will verify, that if you mask off the cutting area with tape, a reciprocating saw with a metal-cutting blade will work nicely. Just keep it moving through. If you let it sit for too long, it will melt some vinyl...so you can get four 11" wide rolls, and one 10" wide roll.

Though a band saw would be better for it...

Received the free vinyl yesterday. A HUGE roll of gloss white! also have a friend who's gonna order some free vinyl. "I think i'll have enough vinyl to last a little while"!?

Just got my call from 3M. Not sure how much I am getting though.
I think she said something about it being in sheets. Either way I can't wait.

REALLY SMALL sample of transfer tape!

Got the free sample of transfer tape, 4 really small pieces 2"x10"! Not even worth bothering with!! They also sent me a catalog, like i'm going to buy anything with such small samples! I can do maybe 1 disc!

That New Vinyl Smell!

Did a couple of new dyes last night, one with the new vinyl. That new vinyl has a really "fresh" smell to it! After cutting a 10"x54" strip i cut (4) 10 3/4" pieces & (1) 11" piece. The new vinyl, which i ordered in the gloss was easy to work with & seemed to come off easier & with less goo! Pictured is the 2 discs i dyed. The spiral is a neon green Nuke SS with the Oracal 651, & a lime green Medium Ion with Mr. Yuck with the new 3M vinyl. The spiral was a pain to weed & a real pain to clean under the sink, having to take every piece off with a pair of tweezers! They both turned out great only having some minor bleeds on the spiral pattern at the very edges that are not even detectable unless looked for! The Oracal did leave a considerable amount of goo which does'nt seem to want to come of easily! May have to get some Goo Gone! As a side note, the Ion black stamp did'nt want to come off easily!

Attachments

• DSCF2158.jpg
    DSCF2158.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 33
Just ordered some today. When they called, they tried to offer the sheets but I said I didn't think it would be adequate to cover the disc so they are sending rolls. I told them exactly what it was for. Thanks for all the info on this.

I placed my online order yesterday and got the call today. She was trying to offer the sheets, but when I asked for 25 of each, she said they could just send a roll instead.
I also told her exactly what I was using it for.