• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FREE VINYL!!!!

Is there a consensus on which 3M vinyl is working best?

Just so you guys know that are still trying to get this. When picking a vinyl you want to go with the promotional stuff. I got the IJ46-20 and IJ63-20 under the promotional listing in the short rolls. This doesn't have any of the issues the ControlTac has.

I got these and have been happy....tho I expected one to be translucent and they're both pretty opaque(still ok with lightbox tho). Actually can't tell them apart without looking at the item number on the box. *shrug*

Not if you get the stuff I recommended above AP. You just got the cheap control tac crap.

Well I'm not dogging Oracal because I haven't been able to use it yet. I just know that I haven't had a problem with my vinyl and it's a thousand times better than contact paper lol.

Oh and 900!!!!!

Last edited:
w00t!

wait until you run out of the free stuff, then try Oracal. or go to the OP in this thread and request a sample from Oracal.

Yeah I probably will get Oracal when I'm out. But I can get 2 more rolls from 3M since I just moved and can have my wife order it now lol.

Yeah and that's adding to the 4 rolls I already have. I don't even think I have used half a roll yet lol.

Oh and the truck window decals are still holding strong through the Michigan winter!

i used the controltac and scotchal for some stickers and as long as you don't use your ice scraper on them they're good to go!

Im getting snowed in... let the dying begin!

HPIM4328-1.jpg

Clear vinyl sucks. Go with the white and make a light box if you can.

did you guys just use a mitre saw to cut the vinyl down to size?

I haven't yet but plan on trying it. Not sure if my miter saw will make it all the way through the roll though. My dad had a Port-a-band saw that he used to cut my first roll but it was a pain to cut with that since you can't really clamp down the vinyl.

If I have the time this weekend I will try and use my miter saw to see how that works. 12" Dewalt FTW!!!! (just wish it was a sliding miter saw lol)

Ok 12" miter saw works great but I recommend taping your cut line. I used an 80 TPI blade on my miter saw and it chewed up the vinyl a little bit when the blade first made contact but after that it worked great. Also I should warn you that after making only one cut you definitely get a weird smell from the vinyl so try and make the cut quick to reduce any type of burning/melting of the vinyl.

Latest posts