• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Leesburg, VA

Freedom Center - Clark's Run

4.455(based on 21 reviews)
Played this on Friday. Not ready to write a review yet - I'll want to play at least once more. There was a crew putting in bridges when I was there. Very nice. Overall the course is great and I highly recommend playing it. It will be even better when they do a little more work. I had a map but navigation was mostly easy without it (follow the white arrows). Not all pads are cement yet and there are no tee signs so you need to scout out some of the holes on your first trip. Definitely worth the trip.

Played this on Friday. Not ready to write a review yet - I'll want to play at least once more. There was a crew putting in bridges when I was there. Very nice. Overall the course is great and I highly recommend playing it. It will be even better when they do a little more work. I had a map but navigation was mostly easy without it (follow the white arrows). Not all pads are cement yet and there are no tee signs so you need to scout out some of the holes on your first trip. Definitely worth the trip.
Thanks for the comments and feedback, Crooow! It's been a slow process (lots of work), but there are definitely plans to finish all the tee pads (concrete) and for tee signs at every hole. Slowly but surely ;-)

All the original 18 pads are finished concrete now. Some bridges have been upgraded (hole #10/#17) and new alternate tees with turf are being tested on 4, 10, 15 and 16. Quite a lot of work has been done to remove some questionable trees. To be honest, it plays much better now that when you last played. Give it another look!

All the original 18 pads are finished concrete now. Some bridges have been upgraded (hole #10/#17) and new alternate tees with turf are being tested on 4, 10, 15 and 16. Quite a lot of work has been done to remove some questionable trees. To be honest, it plays much better now that when you last played. Give it another look!
I am anxious to return but am waiting out the current situation. I still drive near it once a week.

All summer camps were cancelled this year so the course is open 7 days a week. The parking lot is refreshed with new millings. If your worried about social distancing, that isn't much of a concern at Clark's Run. Even on a weekend, your likely to find yourself with the course mostly to yourself. It's about as serene as a place you can wish to play.

This is a great course. Technical and rewarding. The layout is good with the variety of throws. Most courses I use 4-6 discs for the entire course. I need 10-12 for the variety of shot options.

Yeah I should play it again now. Unfortunately the days on which I have been in the area have been rainy. Bad timing but I'll get lucky one of these weeks,

@Croow, if you get a chance, LoCo has done a lot of cleanup of late in prep for a tournament this month. The course has never looked better. A good representation of what the club is going for...

Finally got around to playing again and writing a review. When is the 9-hole practice course going on DGCR so I can "bag" another course? I figured I didn't need the map but had trouble finding the tee markers for #6 and #9.

Got a DG friend coming into town next weekend. Available both Friday (6/10/22) and Saturday (6/11/2022). Don't see anything scheduled (tournament, summer camp, etc) that precludes either date. Would hate to trek all the way out there and have the course unavailable. Anyone know if the course is open both dates?

Got a DG friend coming into town next weekend. Available both Friday (6/10/22) and Saturday (6/11/2022). Don't see anything scheduled (tournament, summer camp, etc) that precludes either date. Would hate to trek all the way out there and have the course unavailable. Anyone know if the course is open both dates?
I checked the LoCo FB page and did not see any reason the course would be closed.