• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Galesburg IL

Weikel

I will be in the area next week and would like to know what courses I should try and if anyone would like to play a round.

I've apparently played Kiwanis Park there, but don't remember it AT ALL. Looks decent from the course pics?

Kiwanis is OK, there are about 5 or 6 good holes and the rest is kinda boring. I don't know if anyone clears snow from the tees there.

If you have time for a little drive, I'd recommend going 45 min north to Camden II in Milan, IL -- Awesome championship course through woods and hills and ravines, volunteers maintain it year round, tees are almost always cleared. Many consider it the best course in Illinois.

Ok thanks, that was the first on the list after looking at the courses in the area. Would like to hit west lake park too. Should I skip that and do others in the area? I'm good for 2, trying to hit 3 if I can. I'll be back in the area in time, girlfriend has family there so its not a one trip deal.

I went to college in Galesburg, but never played dg there...have fun!

Ok thanks, that was the first on the list after looking at the courses in the area. Would like to hit west lake park too. Should I skip that and do others in the area? I'm good for 2, trying to hit 3 if I can. I'll be back in the area in time, girlfriend has family there so its not a one trip deal.

West Lake is awesome, but I mentioned Camden II because the tees are usually cleared and it's closer to Galesburg. West Lake would be a solid two hours of driving for the round trip from Galesburg. If you go to West Lake, be prepared for a workout, and be sure to get a course map (usually available at the kiosk on the way in, also see iowadg.com).

Camden II and West Lake are by far the best in the Quad Cities area, but Middle and Devils Glen in Bettendorf are pretty good too, better than Kiwanis IMO.

If you're looking for options for another trip to Galesburg someday, consider a side trip for DG in Peoria, there are a several good courses that area too. McNaughton and Northwoods are at the top of the list for Peoria but they are east of Peoria so maybe over an hour drive from Galesburg.

Thanks for the info guys, just one more thing. Are there any disk stores around there as well. Don't have much around me that I know of just a dicks and not many there.

That's my neck of the woods! I'll shoot contact info via pm. Kiwanis is decent, Camden II is awesome. Some great courses in the Peoria area as well. Be happy to throw a round or two if schedule/weather allow.

Weather forecast doesn't look good for the next week. Snow coming tomorrow and throughout the week. Couple the snow with extreme cold and high winds and basic travel may be dangerous.

I'm off tues, thurs, and sun next week, and could also play early on mon and weds in Galesburg or Monmouth (sweet little 9 hole course).

There's a Dunham's in Galesburg that carries Innova; decent selection and prices for dx and some champs. Not sure if the GBurg Walmart carries discs here or not, but probably just Innova as well if they do. There are a few shops in the Peoria area, I know the Co-Op records in Pekin has a large selection of plastic, but I'm not sure what lines they carry other than Innova and Discraft. There's also Iron Lion disc golf supply in the Quad Cities, I think it's best to contact them through facebook for store times and disc availability.

Latest posts