• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Putter Question

What's your Wizard putter model?

• Firm

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Medium

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Soft

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • Super Soft

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Super Stupid Soft

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • Eraser

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Organic

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • other

Votes: 16 13.0%

• Total voters
There's a Gateway sponsored player that frequents my home course. He throws exclusively Glow Wizards. He drives with them reedonkulously well. So I picked one up to try it.

I find that Glow is the most consistent plastic that Gateway makes. It also reminds me of Innova's Pro plastic. It's very durable, and beats very consistently. It's probably a touch more stable off the tee than any of the other Gateway plastics I've tried. It's also quite grippy.

So I now keep a couple Glow Wizards in the bag for driving and approaching, with a SS for putts in the circle. It's a black plastic, and is really rubbery/sticky. I bought it a couple years back, and haven't felt another Wiz like it since.

I like the soft and SS organic plastics for my putting putters. Lately I've been using black organic wizards and magics that are flexible, but still stiff, and have a nice rubbery grip. I have plenty of regular SS's I love too but the organics seem to grip better.

I just got a "medium-flex" wizard and it's seriously the stiffest and hardest disc I've ever thrown. There's a high chance of killing some if you were driving it.

I've been having trouble finding consistency with gateway plastics.

I have a SS and a SSS ... you can't even tell the difference between the two. I love my Wizards, but consistent they are not as far as softness goes.

That is my frustration with them. I think they need to just mold the discs then when they are done, THEN put a sticker on them for M, S, SS, SSS when they know what it actually feels like.

I hope they read this and do it. I have SSS magic and wizard that are stiff but totally different. Then SSS super floppy voodoo and great glow voodoo. Their putters are great.

Latest posts