• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ghetto customizing (Dying)...

djjeremiahj

Double Eagle Member
for those that are computer savvy, a little bit of extra time and know how to use a sharpie and marks-alot you can customize your discs.

Example of discs:
12-08-09_1857.jpg

I created a stencil of the image i wanted (correct size to fit the disc, etc) and then taped it on the back of the champion disc. I always remove the writing with acetate (nail polish remover) so the plate is clear of writing and/or logos.

once the stencil is firmly attached, i take a fine tipped sharpie and fill in the stenciled areas. (from experience) i have found that going over it once (or more) with a marks-a-lot really darkens the lines.

once the disc gets wear and tear, cleaned, etc, the image will fade and look a lot better. Think of how the signature on the back of your discs looks after a few cleanings... if you really want to help it along, you can use a diluted mixture of acetate.

2 sample templates:
rhinoa.jpg

Wraith1copy.jpg

you can do the same process with star and pro - but you need a very high powered light (to shine behind the disc) and the stencil will be faint.

once the stencil is created, the inking process takes 15-20 minutes.

btw - if anyone wants, i have a few stencils i have already made.....

Banshee
Bomb
2x dragon
"Classified Information"
Destroyer
Eagle (as Indian Totem Pole)
HukLabs Star
Gargoyle
Gator
Samurai (for katana)
Tribal Japanese kabuki mask
leopard (big cat, as seen above)
rhino (as seen above)
roc
fireball (as seen above)
Tribal Firebird
Evil Clown
TeeRex
Wraith (as seen above)

PM with email.

faded disc - (found in another "sharpie art" thread)

yellowbeast.jpg

this is an example of how the sharpie will fade.....

Latest posts