• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

gooberau's bag

gooberau

Birdie Member
Never done this before so here we go ...

As of late 2022 ...
Age 56
Playing 3 years
Rating ~870
UDisc Rounds ~600

Putters
K1 Soft Reko 173 - like the K1 Soft so my dry, withered hands can actually spin the disc.
K1 Soft Berg 173 - throw it every hole I'm not putting on.
Slammer - recent addition. Feels like I'm throwing a more O/S Berg. Like it.

Mids
Hex Fission 176 - recently replaced my Neutron Hex. Much nicer - dead straight.
Paradox Neutron 165 - use it as a psuedo-FH approach disc where there is no sidearm room.
Uplink Neutron Soft 179 - just a magical disc I'm appreciating more with each throw.
Reactor Eclipse 173 - dead straight with reliable fade.
Deflector Neutron 176 - keeps battling the Pyro, but this is winning at the moment.

Fairways
Relay Cosmic Neutron 172 - seems slighly OS
Relay Neutron 165 - my main thrower and oldest disc in the bag. Just goes and goes.
Servo Neutron 167 - longer than it should be with a nice OS finish.
Resistor Neutron 167 - older OS version. Use it for all sorts of Firebird stuff.
Signal Neutron 169 - new, slighly flippy, goes a mile
Signal Neutron 157 - my uphill thrower
Shock Plasma 172 - keep bouncing between this, the Terra, Volt and Clash.

Big Stuff
Defy Fission 150 - from the Gyro 2021 pack. I either bag this or a 158 Fission Octane.

I've tried Vanishes, Wraiths, Shrykes, Mambas, etc ... when I'm not grip locking them, I'm only throwing them possibly 30 feet further than anything above. So I've gone for control for now.

I also adore Craves and have about 20 of them, but the Relay/Servo combination seems to do everything a few Craves could, and I really like the flat feel of the Relay.

I feel like I need to start liking the berg. There are 1-2 holes that I play on that are tailor made for the berg but I just can't get the hand feel down. It seems like you've got that OS putter slot with the slammer. I went to the store to feel it and couldn't believe how stiff they were and for me, that was a no-go, but I am glad it works for you.

Are you using Rekos as throwing putters as well as putting putters? I have a buddy who throws the reko and it's so sweet. I recently switched from envys to atoms for that 3 3 0 1 flight that the reko has.

I don't blame you regarding dropping craves. It's a disc I dropped as well. If I was doing a 3 disc round or something like that, the crave probably makes the bag but if I am carrying a full load of discs it just sort of gets in the way with all the other discs. I prefer the 8 speed stuff to the 6.5 speed stuff so I cycle volts with a Terra on the OS end of things but found that the crave and my straight volts were landing in the same areas. If I had a beat up crave that was US it would be landing with my beat electron volt and wouldn't go as far as my beat up insanity. I think the crave is fantastic, but it's sort of awkward where it falls in the lineup.

I think if I were to have dabbled more with the 6.5 speed stuff I probably would have skipped the 8 speed stuff for either 9 or 11 speed. Overall you've got a pretty nice lineup there that should handle most every shot and fight wind pretty well too. Are there any questions or slots you are looking to fill?

Amazing what a difference 6 weeks makes. I attended a Scott Stokely clinic here in Australia and he talked me into buying a Baobab, which is more OS than the Slammer, but again feels Berg/Slammer like in the hand. That's in the bag.

Also, my wife won a 1 hour lesson with a local Pro, and I bought a lesson to attend it with her. It was the first time I'd had any sort of one-on-one (or two!) tuition. He made a minor tweak to my inconsistent self-taught sidearm that seems have unlocked a whole lot of potential and a deep bag re-think. Update coming soon!

Are you using Rekos as throwing putters as well as putting putters? I have a buddy who throws the reko and it's so sweet. I recently switched from envys to atoms for that 3 3 0 1 flight that the reko has.

Yes, I have a fresh K1 Soft Reko I throw with, and I've put a very beaten K3 Reko in the bag for an understable throwing option. I find with my power it's a very narrow band between throwing a Berg then Reko before I'm thinking of throwing mids.

I don't blame you regarding dropping craves. It's a disc I dropped as well. If I was doing a 3 disc round or something like that, the crave probably makes the bag but if I am carrying a full load of discs it just sort of gets in the way with all the other discs.

Craves are probably back! Every now and again I just throw one as far as a 9 speed Roadrunner or something and I just think why not throw Craves for all this stuff. I have enough beaten ones that I probably don't need the Relay. Decisions.

Are there any questions or slots you are looking to fill?

Just now trying to work out exactly what I can do with a sidearm now, and filling discs around that. I found an Orbit Grace that I threw a few times before the owner caught up with me and LOVED it. I bought a couple, along with an Orbit Rive, and am trying to work them out.

Bag update in a week or two. I think it will be quite different above 6 speed. I'd also like to reduce the number of different discs in the bag, but I may be overthinking that. I find all the MVP mids and 6-7 speeds feel pretty similar in the hand anyway.

Latest posts