• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good Luck Charms?

Bad luck charm:

real-hunters-hunt-marmots.jpg

my "good luck charm" is a keychain of a rubber ducky that looks like James Brown, has a mic, jet black pompador, red suit jacket. the duck is brown and his bill is pink. like lips. might be racist... but i found James on June 11, 2006 at Silverview Park, in the sand for the volleyball courts while walking to the tee for hole 1. i clipped James Brown ducky to my bagstrap. aced holes 1 and 2 back to back. James has been on my bag ever since. he's got soul and he's superbad.

long story short:

My friend died. A few months after his death his sister came back into town. She got a hold of me/asked if I wanted to root through his old DG bag (he was a casual chucker) for a memento. I found a DX board flat yellow barstamp gator with magenta foil in perfect condition (I've never felt DX like this, it reminds me of gateway plastic, incredibly velvety/tacky).

I had just added a flat top JL gator to the bag just a few months beforehand so it was an easy pick.

I have still only thrown it a handful of times in a field, never on a course or tourney. I added it with the intention of using it it rainy/wet weather but still never had the nerve to actually throw it, the JL seems indestructible.

His name and number remain on the underside and I carry my friend with me every time that I throw, his presence also gave me my best tourney year yet!

when I snag a ace, ill leave behind a 1-up 3D mushroom pendant some where on that hole. if i see a disc buddy snag a ace, ill offer up a basket pendant to them.

Attachments

• 5pacs 002.jpg
    5pacs 002.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 34
  • cro009 206.jpg
    cro009 206.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 27
I found a magic : the gathering card on the course a few months back, it 's my good luck charm. My putter now has an added feature of flying trample and ob island walk

Man I really need some island walk or swamp walk at Trojan.... That lake has ate one too many discs!

I don't really have a good luck charm besides beer, but I did find a brand new Innova micro fiber towel on the ground at my local course last year. I was first person on the course that day so I knew it came from earlier in the week. I put it on my bag and still haven't used it at all. It's just there looking pretty. Good ol Towlie.

52871759.jpg

I don't have a mini :( I want one, but I don't wanna just purchase one without some sort of meaning behind it. Isn't that silly? Same thing with discs. I buy discs that I need for my game and are recommended, but if it doesn't have a print or I draw on it, I don't feel connected to it.
Buy a mini. When you play your first tourney, ask all of your cardmates to sign it with sharpie. There's only one first time.

long story short:

My friend died. A few months after his death his sister came back into town. She got a hold of me/asked if I wanted to root through his old DG bag (he was a casual chucker) for a memento. I found a DX board flat yellow barstamp gator with magenta foil in perfect condition (I've never felt DX like this, it reminds me of gateway plastic, incredibly velvety/tacky).

I had just added a flat top JL gator to the bag just a few months beforehand so it was an easy pick.

I have still only thrown it a handful of times in a field, never on a course or tourney. I added it with the intention of using it it rainy/wet weather but still never had the nerve to actually throw it, the JL seems indestructible.

His name and number remain on the underside and I carry my friend with me every time that I throw, his presence also gave me my best tourney year yet!

Sorry for the loss of your friend. I'm not superstitious and I don't carry a lucky charm myself but won't knock anyone who does. Something like a disc from a friend who has passed seems a hole lot more significant than some toy found on a fairway. If I were to carry a "lucky charm" it would have to be something like this.

thanks old dog!

I was never much for superstitions and luck, or for carrying charms with me.

Aheff's disc lifts me back up if I find myself stressing or in a bad spot during rounds. (During my wtf do I do moment?) it always catches my eye and reminds me "holy crap I could be dead right now" which makes whatever errant drive/bad shot seem pretty minuscule, relieving whatever bad juju is rolling around in my brain.

To anyone who has lost someone dear to them and feels blue. As long as you still tell stories, share memories, curse their name, drink to their health, and carry their disc, that person isn't all the way gone yet.

Latest posts