• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gotta be stolen...no?

I always think theres a possibility of pole holes being stolen when I see things like this but maybe I really shouldn't jump to that conclusion. I have a basket in my back yard too. I guess others could jump to the conclusion as well. Luckily for me, mine is an old "Spider basket" that I won in 1994. It's definitely a permanent style and grade basket but they weren't made for very long because Ed Hedrick sued the manufacturer for violating "chains hang in a parabolic fashion" portion of his patent. They're also not permanently installed on any course that I know of except for Cabin Creek (private) in Cincinnati.

I can't remember the name of the guy who made the spider basket now. It's been so long ago.

Luckily the patent duration on the pole hole has run out. That's why there are so many basket options now.

I think that course uses discatcher baskets. However, just because he's from Littleton doesn't mean his activities can be limited to Littleton, it could be any course around Denver.

Not our basket...

I just found out that the basket on ebay is a different brand than the one at the park. This is the response I received from BADCO the park's organization. "I guess what was stolen was an Innova Discatcher while the
one on eBay is a Chainstar."

That is the only basket in the few parks I have played around here that was missing. Maybe it was stolen a long time ago, or it is legit.:confused:

i was thinking about it, but the last time i looked it was at like 15 bids and three days left. I hate when people bid the hell out of stuff because it started off cheap...by the time the auctions over youre better off buying a brand new one.

Latest posts