• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Greetings DGCR

Jyetzer

Hello DGCR!
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a husband and father of 2 (latest got here a month ago.) I'm in Hamburg PA, and often throw at Long Trout Winery and practice at the Hamburg park with a portable basket. (I provide this info in case anyone wants to join me...always enjoy playing and practicing with others.)
Despite playing for about 5 years now, my skill level is low (PR on Trout is +6 for the course) but I am learning.
I absolute love disc sports (golf and ultimate (and kan jam?)) but find it far easier to go play golf than ultimate since you don't need as many people. One of the things on my "bucket" list is to play in a golf tournament, and I am finally trying to practice in earnest to improve my game and hopefully check that off the list in the next year.
Anyway, I just figured it was time to stop lurking and actually say hi.

Hi! :)

-Jared

Jared, glad to have you on the site! Keep poking and prodding around the site especially in some of the sticky'd threads as they have the most important information. You'll find a TON of great material here (and some other stuff too.) Listen to guys like Aim for the Chains, BogeyNoMore, Sidewinder22, and the greatest piece of advice I have for you is.............

Before you ask a question, try the search function at the top of the forum. This will help prevent you from getting Prerubed.

Welcome and have a great week!

Welcome!

Definitely check out some local tournaments. I played my first one this year and I learned, dont be afraid not being skilled enough. They often have rec divisions you can play in. Best way to improve, aside from a lot of practice, is to play with other people, include people who are better than you.

Welcome from Foxboro, MA (although as I type this I'm on work vacation at my dad's in Allentown, PA)

Check out PDGA.com and look under the events list for sanctioned tournaments in your area. There are local ones too that you can find info on through local courses or disc golf clubs. Also try looking for a local club on Facebook as a way to get info on whats going on around you as well.

Latest posts