• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Greetings from the Empire State.

NoFoxDG

Good afternoon from New York State! New here, so figure it's a good idea to say "Hi" here. I'm very new to the sport, having only really played a few partial rounds and done some driving practice, but I've fallen in love, as has my 8-year old daughter. I am working to improve my form, and hoping to get to the point I can play in and be competitive in local tournaments.

I'm in a few different Disc Golf communities, and enjoy all of them, and am looking forward to enjoying as well as helping the sport grow. As of the time of this posting, I'm averaging about a 215' drive after about 2-3 weeks of screwing around, hoping to get that number up to around the 300' mark by the end of June.

It's a pleasure to meet all of you, and I look forward to chatting about this fantastic sport and hobby. Cheers!

Welcome! it's a great sport! Get a basket if you can and have room for it. Having one in the backyard improved my putting game dramatically. Enjoy your new addiction and, above all, have fun!

Welcome! it's a great sport! Get a basket if you can and have room for it. Having one in the backyard improved my putting game dramatically. Enjoy your new addiction and, above all, have fun!

Totally agree with this. I got into this game and found that both of my kids like to play as well... they were 10 and 6 at the time, now they are 12 and 8.
We have a home basket that makes for some nice after school fun :)

And welcome to the forum!

Get a basket if you can and have room for it. Having one in the backyard improved my putting game dramatically. Enjoy your new addiction and, above all, have fun!

Absolutely having a blast, haven't had much time for the forums lately, but managing to get in almost a round a week on average. Unfortunately, I'm in an apartment right now, so relying on my local course to practice my putting, but it's on the list for when the Mrs. and I buy a house.

Where in NY are you?

Rochester Area. I just got my GRDGC membership not too long ago. Tag #101.

the abundance of courses in and around eastern Minnesota western Wisconsin make up for it...

My daughter lives in MN, and I try to visit once a month, there's definitely a plethora of courses there, and the Twin Cities was rated #2 in the US for Disc Golf by Release Point!

I got into this game and found that both of my kids like to play as well... they were 10 and 6 at the time, now they are 12 and 8.
We have a home basket that makes for some nice after school fun :)

I've managed to get my daughter interested, though she isn't quite used to all the walking. A basket in the backyard is purchase #1 when my wife and I purchase a house.

---

I know it's late, but thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

One of my favorite things to do is to imagine different places that I've been that would make great courses. Cobb's Hill in Rochester on Monroe would be a perfect place if they haven't all ready! Grab a garbage plate for me mang!!!