• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello from Burlington VT!

TonLocVT

Par Member
Hi all!

I've only been on this forum for a few months via my form improvement thread. I'm introducing myself because, why not? It's always fun to talk about ourselves.

I got pretty into disc golf 2 autumns ago. After having my daughter, I needed a hobby that was more causal than my snowboarding/distance running/mountaineering/backpacking adventures. With a new course being added to the area, some friends recommended I try out disc golf. Like everyone else, I became addicted.

I don't really know what else to say. Disc golf is a good mesh of things that resonate me… competitive spirit, being out in the woods, being accessible, being extremely technical in a sneaky way.

And it's something I can work on during nap times.

Hi all!

I've only been on this forum for a few months via my form improvement thread. I'm introducing myself because, why not? It's always fun to talk about ourselves.

I got pretty into disc golf 2 autumns ago. After having my daughter, I needed a hobby that was more causal than my snowboarding/distance running/mountaineering/backpacking adventures. With a new course being added to the area, some friends recommended I try out disc golf. Like everyone else, I became addicted.

I don't really know what else to say. Disc golf is a good mesh of things that resonate me… competitive spirit, being out in the woods, being accessible, being extremely technical in a sneaky way.

And it's something I can work on during nap times.

I've actually been trying to figure out where you are from within VT, I'm just across the lake and will be over at least twice this year, probably more so. I'm sure I'll run into you somewhere if you attend some tournaments and or Worlds. Unfortunately it's a 2hr drive to Smuggs for me even though it's only 38 miles as the crow flies...

I've actually been trying to figure out where you are from within VT, I'm just across the lake and will be over at least twice this year, probably more so. I'm sure I'll run into you somewhere if you attend some tournaments and or Worlds. Unfortunately it's a 2hr drive to Smuggs for me even though it's only 38 miles as the crow flies...

Nice, are you toward Plattsburgh or more the Crown Point side? I'm actually from your side the of the lake, too, although more from the Syracuse area. I moved out to Ticonderoga about 8 years ago to work in their Paper Mill after college. I wish I was into disc golf back then, the Crown Point course is actually pretty sweet.

I wanted to attend Smuggs last year pretty bad, but it's really tough to get out there with a toddler this age. I'm hoping to make it this year to watch one of the cards, but we'll see. I play around Chittenden County 99% of the time.

marvel-black-panther.gif

Nice, are you toward Plattsburgh or more the Crown Point side? I'm actually from your side the of the lake, too, although more from the Syracuse area. I moved out to Ticonderoga about 8 years ago to work in their Paper Mill after college. I wish I was into disc golf back then, the Crown Point course is actually pretty sweet.

I wanted to attend Smuggs last year pretty bad, but it's really tough to get out there with a toddler this age. I'm hoping to make it this year to watch one of the cards, but we'll see. I play around Chittenden County 99% of the time.

Right in the middle, slightly towards the Plattsburgh end. We go down to the lake and watch Burlington's fireworks on July 3rd.

I highly recommend playing Two Waters in Ticonderoga and Mel Defayette (Cadyville) Rec Park, just west of Plattsburgh, if you decide to come over and play shoot me a PM beforehand and I'll see if I'm available to guide you as the navigation can be a bit tricky on both courses for your first time. I just realized I'll have to update Mel D (Cadyville) since it's gone though quite a bit of change since 2020.

Last edited:
Right in the middle, slightly towards the Plattsburgh end. We go down to the lake and watch Burlington's fireworks on July 3rd.

I highly recommend playing Two Waters in Ticonderoga and Mel Defayette (Cadyville) Rec Park, just west of Plattsburgh, if you decide to come over and play shoot me a PM beforehand and I'll see if I'm available to guide you as the navigation can be a bit tricky on both courses for your first time. I just realized I'll have to update Mel D (Cadyville) since it's gone though quite a bit of change since 2020.

I just skimmed through the Cadyville course online. It looks legit beautiful in the Summer. Gives awesome Adirondack vibes. I also really like how the courses over there are set up. On this side of the lake, we have a ton of wooded courses with rough tee boxes. Wooded is fun, but sometimes you just want to throw the disc. Your side seems to balance wooded and open holes a lot better. Also concrete tee boxes seem nice.

hello fellow VT disc golfer! I'm more central, but thankfully you have many more options to play around the Burlington area than even 2-3 years ago :)

I just skimmed through the Cadyville course online. It looks legit beautiful in the Summer. Gives awesome Adirondack vibes. I also really like how the courses over there are set up. On this side of the lake, we have a ton of wooded courses with rough tee boxes. Wooded is fun, but sometimes you just want to throw the disc. Your side seems to balance wooded and open holes a lot better. Also concrete tee boxes seem nice.

Cadyville is the most open course we have, but it's a rec Park so the course can't be that challenging/tight. Some of the other courses in the area are very VT style in how wooded the holes are and natural tees. UDisc has some updated photos, but I'll have to go through and update them on both UDisc and here.