• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip Mods...

Finally got around to putting pulls on the Grip. Sucks having to tie them directly, but I kind of like the smaller size I went with.

Attachments

• CYMERA_20150214_110427.jpg
    CYMERA_20150214_110427.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 181
Finally got around to putting pulls on the Grip. Sucks having to tie them directly, but I kind of like the smaller size I went with.

Those look pretty good. I really dont like the huge ones people are putting on their bag. The white really sets it off nicely

Those look pretty good. I really dont like the huge ones people are putting on their bag. The white really sets it off nicely

Thanks. Yeah, I don't really do "flashy" so I like that they're smaller. And I like the simple black and white. These really are more for functionality as the original pulls are just so small on these bags. Little easier to grab these.

I am loving my GRIP. Obviously I have a white, blue, and orange thing going. I need to pick up some snap on clips for my towel. In the meantime I just hook the clip end in the top pencil pocket.

IMG_3312_zpss0vplvxm.jpg

Has anyone tried installing a REVOLUTION RollCage in their grip bag?

Thinking of buying one but would like some input before I pull the plug.

I love the rainfly on my GRIP but thought that unsnapping and resnapping the buttons was kind of a cumbersome process. So, I had my wife cut my rainfly up the middle and sew in a waterproof zipper. I was a bit nervous when I saw her cut it, but it turned out awesome.

I think GRIP should do this by default.

MYq16Kr.jpg

1PPdszC.jpg

oqsjmUz.jpg

How much does your wife charge for grip rainfly modifications?

Also, awesome job.

How much does your wife charge for grip rainfly modifications?

Also, awesome job.

Can't tell if you're serious, but if you are - I'm sure she'd be willing to do it for a small fee if you covered shipping and materials :thmbup:

I'd be interested as well. Let us know

Just spoke with her and she's totally willing to do it. If you cover shipping to get the rainfly to us and Paypal (or cash) her $25 she will buy the materials, install it and send it back.

If you want something other than the waterproof black zipper you saw on mine or you want overnight shipping it will obviously be more. Does that sound reasonable? I think the zipper she put on mine was a little less than $10.

I'll start off by answering "Why didn't you just get an A14? it has more storage!"

This was a Christmas gift! And an awesome one at that! the disc storage is all I need (16 disc max), and, honestly, I like to customize things. With a smaller bag, I can do just that! However, this isn't just a fade crunch box or tourney bag... it's a grip. And I would like to not harm the bag itself!

Anywho, I built a little extra storage pocket (turned out pretty nice, i think), and I made it to fit where the images show it is. I just have it safety pinned to the side-sleeve-pocket, as shown. I want to attach it without physically sewing or damaging the c14. I've thought of a few things, but was wondering if I could score some input :popcorn:

A couple notes: As far as the sleeve pocket it will cover, I just want to maintain access to the larger one, mainly to slide an umbrella into it. otherwise, I can sacrifice access to the smaller sleeve. cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_1461(1).jpg
    IMG_1461(1).jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1462.jpg
    IMG_1462.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1464.jpg
    IMG_1464.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 109
Got it on there pretty decent, I think! I sewed a plastic piece attachment to the pocket that slides into the smaller of the sleeve pockets on the sides. That put the attached pocket into position, then I took a piece of old lanyard and effectively looped it through the plastic bar-foot thing (lol) of the bag and sewed a small buckle to the pocket and it to hold it in place from the bottom. Presto! Added storage :)

Feel like it might snag easy so I think I will do more. But, I find it useful!

Cheers!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 92
Cool mod man, I hope it keeps your warranty In tact, all while serving its purpose. :hfive:

Latest posts