• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

GripEQ AX15 vs B15

eric40817

* Ace Member *
I've been to the website, I've looked at the specs side by side. So aside from the obvious, can anyone provide feedback on both?
The AX has a 22 disc main compartment vs the B series 18 disc capacity. I get the feeling this was measured using all drivers. How many discs are you guys realistically fitting in these bags?
I cant find any pictures of the bags being worn (specifically the AX). Is the AX much bulkier than the B? Obviously with the side pockets full and expanded it will certainly be wide, but with collapsed pockets, how does it compare in weight and bulk to the B series?

I currently have a Ranger bag and looking to try something new. I have 18 discs in the main compartment including two putters and 3 mids with the rest being FWD and DD. This is my core setup not including any backups that I might toss in during an event, which usually have to go in the top compartment.

Stated simply - the B15 looks "cleaner" and A15 looks "serious". I'd say that the main compartments on both bags hold what the manufacturer claims. The A15 will look big on you if you're 5' 7" or less, but shouldn't be unwieldy at all; the B15 will look perfectly sized on most adult people. The storage on the B15 can carry items one would find in their pockets, extra towels, and snacks; adequate to handle a tourney. The storage designed for the A15 is better suited for tournaments compared to the B15's. The back padding is good and the straps are better than average for both models. These bags ride better than most bags and are good looking, as well. I do not own either bag but I would recommend them to anyone who wants one.

Stated simply - the B15 looks "cleaner" and A15 looks "serious". I'd say that the main compartments on both bags hold what the manufacturer claims. The A15 will look big on you if you're 5' 7" or less, but shouldn't be unwieldy at all; the B15 will look perfectly sized on most adult people. The storage on the B15 can carry items one would find in their pockets, extra towels, and snacks; adequate to handle a tourney. The storage designed for the A15 is better suited for tournaments compared to the B15's. The back padding is good and the straps are better than average for both models. These bags ride better than most bags and are good looking, as well. I do not own either bag but I would recommend them to anyone who wants one.

If you dont own either bag, have you ever? If not, how can you make claims regarding them... Im sure the compartments do hold what the manufacturer claims... if you carry only drivers. Most people carry mids and even a couple throwing putters

All of my friends own Grip bags in every model and I caddy for them often during tournaments. I bought the bags I have (UPD Shift & Rebel / Pound Octothorpe) based around my experiences with my friends' bags. I, too, have owned a Ranger, so I can tell you that the Grip bags are an upgrade from your current platform.

All of my friends own Grip bags in every model and I caddy for them often during tournaments. I bought the bags I have (UPD Shift & Rebel / Pound Octothorpe) based around my experiences with my friends' bags. I, too, have owned a Ranger, so I can tell you that the Grip bags are an upgrade from your current platform.

I'll agree with you there. I like how roomy the Ranger is in the top compartment, but putting too much in it, or a 6 pack, makes it top heavy and has a tendancy to fall over. I've had no issues with my Ranger. Its comfortable and carries the weight well. One factor in switching to Grip is the putter quiver. I like having them on top, and I like that it can hold more than just two if I really want. I may just bite the bullet and go all in on an AX15. I'd rather have extra room than not enough. Worse case, I sell it or return it and go with the B15.

If it helps, I have a B15 and carry 16 in the main compartment...3 Ridges, 3 Roc3s, 3 Teebirds, 2 Roadrunners, 3 Escapes, 2 Firebirds. That all fits snugly, but easy to pull a disc out. Even one more driver would probably make things a little tight and a pain to pull a disc out.

Well I was Marshall Street this past weekend. Ended up getting an A14. Love it. Perfect amount of disc space. Being able to see a B15 in person, now I know it wouldn't have cut it. With Grips on sale I might pick up the AX to compare in person and unload which ever I choose not to keep