• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Halo Plastic Series

I am strangely digging the Halo Roadrunners. They fly nothing like my normal Roadrunners. If anything, they are like my Night Strikes or seasoned TeeBirds, but with the thinner, but fuller feeling in the hand of a normal Roadrunner. They are faster and have more distance potential than those two I compared it to, so they have an instant spot in the bag.

I immediately jumped online and purchased a second one so I can have a back-up.

Pinks, especially Champion, seem to lose color faster than other colors. Had a nice pink C-line FD2 that became glass clear after a year. Some pink discs at the local shop that were displayed near the window lost color on the edge exposed to sunlight.

I had a pink Champ ThB and left it for a few days in a grassy field. It was almost clear when I got it back. My theory is the pink pigmenting agent is just a diluted red, hence why it fades easily.

Yeah I did the same thing, and the "Out of Stock" message appears after I went through PayPal.

Sorry about that....they should have that on their website to save people time. And to keep people from posting about their page and the discs if they aren't available. What a bummer.

Sorry about that....they should have that on their website to save people time. And to keep people from posting about their page and the discs if they aren't available. What a bummer.

It's a little crappy, but no damage done. I found some for retail elsewhere.

Got a second Halo Roadrunner. While I am utterly amazed by the stability and ease of my pink (now seemingly fading into an orange), the yellow I received is a little more finicky. It is still more stable than my regular Stars, but I cannot throw it flat like I can with the pink/orange. It is still going to be useful, but maybe now I was a little premature in thinking that I could replace my Night Strikes in my bag.

I Wonder if expensive disc like these selling out in minutes is a "AHA" moment for Innova and others . . .so we can see even more +30$ discs in special plastics in the future?

And is it just me that thinks the HALO disc is just Innova figuring out how Discraft made their Swirl/ESP plastic and Innova understands that they can charge more for these?
The HALO looks very similar to the Nice ones of Discrafts newer stock ESP

I Wonder if expensive disc like these selling out in minutes is a "AHA" moment for Innova and others . . .so we can see even more +30$ discs in special plastics in the future?

And is it just me that thinks the HALO disc is just Innova figuring out how Discraft made their Swirl/ESP plastic and Innova understands that they can charge more for these?
The HALO looks very similar to the Nice ones of Discrafts newer stock ESP

Or unfortunately a newer small brand that makes only one off plastics for its discs in small runs.

New Stock Swirl ESP that is not hard to see colors?