• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Halo Plastic Series

Lately, I'm really leaning into my 2019 (?) Halo Destroyer (has the circuit stamp) and my '22 GG Halo Wraiths.

I throw at altitude here in CO, and my initial impression of the first Halo Wraith I got, wanna say it's the first run of GG H-Wraiths, useless meathook.

Since then, my game has evolved to the point where I can generate enough mph to make it do its work at altitude.

Today, in fact, was a sort of milestone day. I threw my '22 173g GGHSW pin deep on a tricky 435' hole with a 10ish HW. I sent it on slight anny and it flew.

Then, on an uphill 410' that plays like 430-440', with the same wind coming from behind, I sent it on a bit more anny and parked it.

I had been reserving, mentally, this disc for HW only shots. That I could fly it as well with a 20 mph spread in relative airspeed has me thinking about reshaping my driver game. I like throwing less discs more often.

It's also a reliable beast on FH. I love my Bohrium for max D, but angle control tempers how often I reach for it in HW conditions.

I guess my point is that I'm coming to realize the GGHSW might be my most reliable driver, and I might go all-in on it.

If you are a hard thrower (I expect to hit 450' with wide open conditions) and you are at altitude, it's worth a real trial. It does double duty.

I did just swing through the west coast though and got a chance to throw them at sea level. That's when you notice the difference!!

Well they still won't release it in XT but there's Vinny Halo Rhynos now...I'll have mine to throw at league tonight.

Hey so I haven't thrown any halo discs manufactured in the last 12-15 months or so and my halo experience isn't as extensive as some people's.

My experience in general has been that halo discs are at least as stable as their regular star/champion counterparts and frequently a little bit more overstable, but usually not massively so. It's also been my experience that they tend to be on the softer side of star.

Soft, gummy star is one of my favorite plastics and I've been looking at a few of the newer halo releases and I'm wondering if anyone knows whether it holds true that most halo discs are on the softer side for star? Also does anyone have experience with the halo star glow discs? Are they even gummier? Flippier? TIA!

Hey so I haven't thrown any halo discs manufactured in the last 12-15 months or so and my halo experience isn't as extensive as some people's.

My experience in general has been that halo discs are at least as stable as their regular star/champion counterparts and frequently a little bit more overstable, but usually not massively so. It's also been my experience that they tend to be on the softer side of star.

Soft, gummy star is one of my favorite plastics and I've been looking at a few of the newer halo releases and I'm wondering if anyone knows whether it holds true that most halo discs are on the softer side for star? Also does anyone have experience with the halo star glow discs? Are they even gummier? Flippier? TIA!
The garret halo wraiths are a softer grippier star blend and they are more stable than regular star wraiths. They're still wraiths though so they do flip up from hyzer if you have 400+ power.

I recently got a halo roadrunner and it's a bit softer and more OS. The Barsby halo star glow Eagle I got is definitely gummier and very OS.

Just ordered a couple halo mambas...what would yall put the flight numbers at compared to the 11 5 -5 1 printed on them?

*Updated with latest TS, CFR, and stock Innova molds plus a couple new Infinite releases

Innova 'stock' Halo Star to dealers for the following molds
Aviar P&A
Invader
Mako3

Roc3
Roadrunner
Firebird
Boss
Valkyrie
Thunderbird
TL3
Savant
Mystere
Beast
Mamba

Aero * LE 40 year anniversary

Factory Store Halo 'Stock-like' stamp releases (excluding released to dealers above)
Star Polecat
Nexus Aviar Driver
Nexus Whale
Nexus Xero
Nexus Aviar P&A
Star & Nexus AviarX3
Nexus Invader
Star Wombat3
Star Lion
Star Leopard3
Star Teebird3
Star Sidewinder
Star Tern
Star Wraith
Star Shryke
Star Destroyer
Glow Star Wraith * Factory store logo stamp
Star Juggernaut * Factory store logo stamp

CFR/LE Halo Releases
Star Rhyno
Star XCalibur
Star IT
Star Orc
Star Teebird
Star Roc
Star Mirage
Nexus Leopard3

2023 Innova TS discs (so far)
Heimburg - Halo Star Destroyer, Halo Star Toro
Gurthie - Halo Star Wraith, Halo Color Glow Star Sonic
Sexton - CG Champion Firebird (April Fools stamp), Halo Champion Color Glow Firebird, Nexus Glow Firefly
King - Halo Star Hawkeye, Halo Star Jay
J. Allen - CG Champion Teebird, Halo Star Roc3
Scoggins - Halo CG Star Leopard3 and Teebird
Salonen - Halo CG Star Aviar3, Halo TL3
Blomroos - Color Glow Star Destroyer, Color Glow Champion Thunderbird
Barsby - Halo Star Charger, Halo CG Star Eagle
Korver - Halo Star Tern (170-172g) and Roadrunner
Brathwaite - Swirly Star Destroyer, Glow MF CG Champ Hawkeye
Freeman - Halo Glow Star Juggernaut
Koling - Halo Champion Boss, Halo Star Thunderbird
Mertsch - Halo Star XCal and Stingray

Queen CG Star Wraith