• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Harp vs Zone

Harp or Zone

• Harp

Votes: 107 34.5%
  • Zone

Votes: 171 55.2%
  • Both

Votes: 32 10.3%

• Total voters
Harp is more puttery and deeper feeling

Zone is more midrangey and more shallow feeling

I carry both

I get that, it is on the Discraft chart now that a Zone is 3.5-4 speed and I agree

Harp is almost a more OS shallow putter like the same depth as a Stud though more OS.

Just me but why is the deeper rim Pig the speed 3 and speed 2 is the Rhyno? That makes no sense if they are only Basing the two OS approach/OS Putter type discs off the wing width and not Depth of the rim as well, it makes a big difference in putters and putter shaped midrange.

Agree. The Zone is a PINO (putter in name only). My Ti Zone doesn't go as far as my Hornet, but it (the Zone) goes far enough that I took the Hornet out of my smaller Core bag.

Yep same for other discs that are more true putters like the Classic ROC that are less OS, the Classic Roc has been a midrange ever since the final terms for the different disc names, putter and midrange were used by Innova. So why did the Zone get the putter name? Also the Rat is very similar to the Zone yet it ends up a midrange as well. Mako basically touted as a large diameter putter flight like disc by the Innova website yet it is stuck as a midrange though I feel the Mako is a MINO or a midrange in name only (Thanks SD86 for the name idea)

So why did the Zone get the putter name? I think that the approach putter/approach midrange name was not out yet at the time the way the Caltrop got named or a few other newer putters/slow midrange from newer brands that started in mid 2000's or later.

Now I think that with bands saying these set of specific disc are strictly approach discs at speed 3-4 is important with disc in a range from OS to US, signaling these disc for most cases are lousy for putter but can be good for short midrange to approach shots and even long putter in some cases but are difficult for beginners to try and use as main putter for whatever reasons or for all players period, one disc is stuck between a putter and midrange doing both good but not really fitting one or the other, this disc it has too much glide to be a great putter like the Aero, another is too OS for main putting duties, and one disc is large 180 gram diameter making precision putting harder when the player gets better.

You're overthinking this Casey.

Whether you're a Harp guy, a Zone guy, or even a Pig guy, the overstable approach disc is an amazing tool to have in your bag.

Mids get too touchy for me for this shot, and I don't think there is a better disc for this shot than the Zone. The other discs work fine too, but the point is, who cares if it is a putter or an approach disc? It has a very specific role, it is the best disc to fill that role, so just use it.

You're overthinking this Casey.

Whether you're a Harp guy, a Zone guy, or even a Pig guy, the overstable approach disc is an amazing tool to have in your bag.

Mids get too touchy for me for this shot, and I don't think there is a better disc for this shot than the Zone. The other discs work fine too, but the point is, who cares if it is a putter or an approach disc? It has a very specific role, it is the best disc to fill that role, so just use it.

I was not, just that I have seen a bunch of newer players in the late 2000's trying to use the fastest putter, after hearing start with a putter only for the first few to 6 months and they had a Zone. That is not an all around putter or even a putter that is used in a main putting role.

I agree that most OS midrange discs and most midrange get too touchy for the shot with a disc shaped like the ROC or ROC, the Buzz and like disc, or others that lack the float I do think a few midrange like the Shark, the Gator, the Spider, and the Skeeter or even the Rat etc that are more putter in style and glide to work for approach shots. Just becuse a disc is labeled a midrange does not mean it is not great for

No not always does one need a OS putter/putter like mid for most approach shots Just ask Garrett Gurthie and his use of the Sonic or Nate Sexton with the Dart but you do need an OS approach disc for at least wind approach/wind putter and shots you have to do an OS approach shot with, I mean even Nate Sexton has The Morter/Cayman in the bag.

Latest posts