• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Hatchet, opinion and profile pic

I am sooooo close to bagging mine. Came in the Westside box. Was impressed right away with the glide (legit). This is a good disc. My issue is that I hardly ever throw a fairway besides Teebird or Firebird (Draco). I bag an Essence for that glidey/flippy/roller spot, and Hatchet would overlap with that Essence so much it seems like overkill. But dang it's a legit disc. I could see it as a tailwind fairway for comfortable throws where distance matters but you wanna 70% it.

You ever have a disc that you just seem to throw well? Maybe it's not the disc and it's not you, but it's the disc + you?

Hatchets are typically less stable than something like an Essence. The Hatchet is essentially a Trilogy Roadrunner. That being said, I don't recall if the mystery box Hatchet came in a special plastic blend, which could very well boost the stability a bit compared to a standard run. If you like the Hatchet but wish it flew a bit less stable so as to differentiate more from your Essence, then I'd look to pick one up in Tournament Plastic.

Edit: I agree it's a great disc. It's the mold that has been in my bag the longest.

Latest posts