• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

having a problem throwing distance drivers

gunsfan05

Hey guys i have only being playing about 6 months and I have already seen my game improve tons but for the life of me i cant throw a distance driver ive tried 3 or four different ones and i just cant get them to fly at all i can throw my mids and fairways farther than any of my distance drivers any idea what im doing wrong

im not sure on an exact distance i know its mainly my gazelle and teebird that i throw but honestly i can throw my roc3 just as far if not farther than any of my fairways but if i try to throw a distance it all goes to pot

Pace off a straight toss, a stride usually is about a yard. 100 steps=~300'. If you're not getting at least 300-325' out of your fairways, could explain why distance drivers aren't working for you.

i cant right now but i can about garuntee im not getting anywhere close to that mark maybe 250ish with my fairways and about the same with my mids

keep working with your mids and fairways, get some field practice with them

You don't have the arm to get some of the big D drivers up to speed. I'm in the same boat myself (throw teebirds around 300' mids around 285')

Most disc golfers fall into this category, including myself. We don't have the arms (form, technique) to get distance drivers up to speed.

Unless you're getting mids past 300, and fairways past 350, there's no point in trying anything faster.

cool i just cant get any distance driver to go the 3 disc i throw the best are my gazelle teebird and my roc 3 which i have only had about a 2 weeks but i can throw that thing as far as any of my other disc and it goes straighter than any of the others for me so i really like it

Are you letting go of the disc? At any rate you need to up your snap efficiency.

How are the drivers flying? You might just be getting them nose up. Mids are more forgiving so that might explain the distance issue. I have had times when I get my mid out to 275' or so, but only throw a driver 250' because I don't get my weight forward and throw a nose up pop fly that stalls out and crashes. It ain't pretty.

FWIW, there's nothing above a Speed 10 in my bag.

I max Teebirds at 300 and even though I can only get my wraiths and Destroyers 50 past that.. I still think those high speed drivers let me better shape certain lines due to there general quickness in flight..and usually for the same or slightly more distance. Also.. I can throw a s 325 Destroyer without thinking about it vs. having to get it just right to stretch a Teebird that far. One day maybe I can get a speed 13 up to speed and throw 450.. Would be a nice thing indeed. :\:\:\:\