• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hickory NC to I.D.G.C and Back.4/12-4/14.

doink32

Howdy yall.This is Nate Lane I will be driving down to the IDGC this weekend and playing a few of the SC courses on the way there and back.My gameplan goes a little something like this.Timmons FRI AM,Foothills FRI pm,Grand Central FRI evening..Hotel in Elberton.IDGC ALL DAY SAT.starting around 9:00-10:00 AM--Hotel in Elberton.SUN AM(LAKE RUSSELL),SUN PM VA DU MAR,SUN EVNING(GOAT ISLAND)(maybe)....If any of you guys have any advice or recomendations or notefications I would love to hear it.Also looking for good resteraunts.If anyone wants to play Hollar at your boy828-291-1582.PEACE.

Last edited:
Looks like a good plan to me.

"IDGC ALL DAY" ...... I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

There used to be a burger & bait shop, or something, just a few miles north of the IDGC. Is it gone?

roasted chix and king hawaian bread picknick----CHECK. I only get to take a big roadtrip once or twice a year and I can barely wait for this one.This will be my 2nd trip to appling YE_HAWWWW.This will be my first trip to timmons,grand central and lake russell.I LOVE PLAYING COUSES FOR THE FIRST TIME.You really get to feel the wow factor and it is very hard to not make great memories------LONG LIVE THE DISCGOLF ROADTRIP.:clap:

It takes all day to play all three. Lots of 600-900ft holes! If you are in a foursome you may not get done unless you start at sunrise. Lake Russell is such a nice spot too!!! I hope they have mowed recently cause it makes the fairways look like ball golf! Bring swim trunks for after the round! Threw my first disc there back in '03!

nate...take some pictures. shoot some video. i need to learn this course, second-hand or not.

Near the IDGC, you need to go to Maryland's Fried Chicken (assuming it is still open). By Grand Central Station, if you like greasy, delicious, Mexican food, then Super Taco is your best bet. It's down Highway 93 towards Clemson from Central, and on the right just after you cross the bridge that goes over Highway 123. Just my recommendation! Have a blast, man!

Just got back in time to see the end of the masters.Go Angel.The courses were pretty awesome.Timmons (-3) was smaller than i imagend but a lot of fun, holes 12,13,15 were my favorites.Easly was harder than I remember It had 6 par 4s that were very challengeing.It needs some tee signs bad.my favorite holes were 1,6,9,10.Grand central station is off the hook I highly recomend this course if you have not played it.It balances fun,distance,and challenge as well as any course and the tee pads are huge.----IDGC was INCREDIBLE and HUGE.I only played 2 courses between 12 and 8 pm.The jackson and the hedrick-mad professor layout (+13) (+10).That was enogh.This morning was Lake Russell which had some fun holes but did not live up to the hype.next time I will play the tall rough as O.B. and that should make the course 10 strokes harder (I shot a 58).watch out for fire ants.I did not get to play Warner or Va du mar and I almost grabed a baby copperhead at easly and there was mad pollen off of the georgia pine. but other than that the weakend was great--Next time Flyboy hopefully.PEACE.

You picked a beautiful weekend, and glad you had a great time.

I won't say "We told you so" about the IDGC but, well, we told you so, more or less. It's a lot of disc golf for one day. (For me, the Jackson course is a lot of disc golf for one day).

But it's always good not to play the whole thing, because now you have an excuse to go back. When you do, I recommend a small detour to visit us at Stoney Hill on your way. Based on your post, I think you'll like it.

i hate i didnt look at this thread before but glad i just happened to meet you at Grand Central.. glad you enjoyed the course and next time you get in town make sure and hit me up :thmbup: ... i have been wanting to get up to hickory so if and when i do ill make sure and give you a shout