• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dry Ridge, KY

Hidden Ridge DGC

3.885(based on 4 reviews)

InnocentCrook

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer

Join the discussion about Hidden Ridge DGC

The course is back in action this weekend Nov. 24-26! It's been a busy year with my family but Hidden Ridge season is (finally) upon us.

Stop out and see me if you're around the Cincinnati, Lexington, Louisville triangle.

Exciting news on the HR front!

Hey DGCR gang, it's been a minute since I've been around. Family life is keeping me pretty busy with soccer, gymnastics, and still working towards getting our barndominium ready for use as an AirBnB rental.

Anyway, we're in the process of executing a small land swap with a neighbor that will have a big impact on the course. We're giving up 3.5 acres at the far north edge of our property in exchange for 3.5 acres along the north side of our driveway. Admittedly, I did have holes designed for the land I'm giving up and I was excited about their prospects. Seriously, the signature holes of them was going to be EPIC. That said, I also realized it would take a massive amount of hole construction just to gain access to that space. I was likely YEARS away from having the time and resources to get those holes built. An opportunity arose that just simply makes more sense for all parties. My neighbor will increase the length of property line where his two parcels touch as well as gain better access for his cows to and from the multicolor barn shown to the east of the triangular shaped parcel in the attached image.

The land we're gaining has a much nicer stand of hardwood trees (oak, hickory, etc. vs. the northern parcel which was entirely cedars), gives us a nice buffer on a long section at the side of our driveway, AND will be instantly accessible for new hole construction. I'm currently looking for 2 or 3 more DisCatcher Pros for these additional holes on this new parcel. Additions will include expanding existing hole 4 from its current length of 700' to somewhere around 900-1000' as well as adding a 400'-ish downhill (-45' elev.) bomb through the trees with a small pond in play near the green. The addition of 1 or 2 holes working back up the hill will bring you right back to the tee for what is currently hole 5.

The surveyor will be here Monday which is the first step to getting this swap going.

I'm excited to get this next stage of Hidden Ridge rolling.

Attachments

• PXL_20240207_144527194.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240207_144527194.MP.jpg
    9.2 MB · Views: 0
thats sick

hidden ridge was super enjoyable last time i was there a few years ago

cant wait to stop thru next time im in the area

great news thank you for the update

I was actually just reading through the Executing the Dream thread last night and seeing the beginnings of your place.

Hope everything goes smoothly with the swap.

I was actually just reading through the Executing the Dream thread last night and seeing the beginnings of your place.

Hope everything goes smoothly with the swap.
Thanks y'all. To say it's been an adventure since day one would be a HUGE understatement. I wouldn't trade it for anything though.

I forgot to mention that we also have a concrete/landscape contractor lined up to add at least 6 poured concrete pads this Spring while we have him here for some other non-course related work. I'd love for the course to be further along but we just keep biting off manageable chunks as often as possible. We don't plan on going anywhere, so we aren't in a huge hurry on much of anything, for better or worse.

Be on the lookout for the Hyzer House Barndominium at Hidden Ridge DGC! The listing should be hitting AirBnB later today. It sleeps 5 comfortably with a queen bed, a built in bunk bed nook, and a futon in the main living space.

And of course, easy access to the best private course in Northern Kentucky! Hole 1's tee is right in the front yard just 100' away from the front door.PXL_20240113_193720728.jpgPXL_20240113_194229859.jpg
PXL_20240113_200458373.jpg

Hyzer House Barndo on AirBnB.

Stop out for a visit and stay the night!

It's a great location if you're on the Bourbon Trail and find yourself starting around Cincy. Hit the N.Ky locations like New Riff, Party Source, and Boone Co. Distilling then stay here at Hidden Ridge. From HR it's a beautiful drive of about 45-50 minutes down US-127 to the historic Buffalo Trace Distillery. (Seriously, I think there's only 2 or 3 stoplights on the entire route between here and Buffalo Trace.). You also drive right past the West 6th Farm Brewery which has their own 18 hole course on the route.